It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

Allofmystars HB User
What to do when spinning into obsessive thoughts?

I'm still fairly new to trying to handle my BP the right way and currently I can feel myself spinning out of control (part of it is panic...physically I'm shaking, short of breath, etc) with obsessive thoughts (over nearly everything...boyfriend issues, spots on carpet, blah blah). My Doc has told me that in instances where I feel as though I may have been triggered into an episode (either way) I have free reign to take an extra 500mgs of Depakote (I take 1750 currently) and yet I find myself unable to do that. WHY should I need it...I think? Can't I just get control of myself?

Those of you who take xanax along with a stabilizer...is it on an as-needed basis, or daily? How does it interact with your other scrips?

Thank you...

Old 03-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: What to do when spinning into obsessive thoughts?

The longer you take some of the meds, the more i think the dr trust you to heal thyself. Your dr sounds like a good one.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2005, 06:41 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

weasel HB User

exact same thing is happening to me. my doctor gave me klonopin, but i cant seem tobring myself to take it...not sure why

Old 03-23-2005, 07:37 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User

Iím not sure how to help here but I can say that I personally have a history with benzodiazepines (ie xanax, klonopin, etc) And I can say that they did miracles for bringing me down from panic, anxiety, and OCD attacks. My attacks were basically a mix of all three so I was pretty messed up (couldnít hardly function with my need to pace quickly because if I sat down I thought my chair would hold be captive and I wouldnít be able to break free). One thing to be careful about is the fact that these drugs in my experience are highly addictive. Iíve been cleared to take three klonopin a day and for awhile I did, one morning I was in a hurry and forgot it and the withdrawal slammed me down. I have since weened my self down to one klonopin a day only take extras as needed for aforementioned reasons. They worked great when I needed them but now I canít get off them without unpleasant withdrawal. So keep your eyes open and be careful

Old 03-23-2005, 10:00 AM   #5
(female)

Allofmystars HB User

Thank you all very much for your responses! I'm feeling better, have since visited my psych to talk about these things again, *and* my meds have been adjusted once again.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #6
(male)

maniasterisk HB User

"Roger that !!!" ~ to what reesie said.

I, too, was taking up to 3 or 4 Klonopin at one time in my life...

As you learn yourself and the pdoc trusts your judgements, flexibility can occur.

Some folks (medical and patient) swear near-absolutism on dosages

<<< major break... in edit... first a major credit card corp called to let me know that over the past month almost $10,000 worth of shoes had attempted to be purchased off the internet - from Topeka, Kansas - on my card (they'd disapproved most)... so I desparately called all over the credit kingdom... and then the plumbers showed up... >>>

I was going to say more, but am quite distracted... Phoenix is probably NOT going to happen, as credit card usage outside this area is being stopped for the next weeks...

Back later ...

Last edited by maniasterisk; 03-23-2005 at 10:23 AM.

Closed Thread