It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2005, 10:33 PM   #1
(male)

bobprichard HB User
Life seems to Jump up and down

Why is it that just when life seems to be going just your way it all spirils down into darkness? I have this dream sometimes that I am swiming underwater and I cant get to the top, well this is how life feels right now. I know that it will get better but is there any thing that I can do to speed up the process? Please any suggestions at this time will be appreciated.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Life seems to Jump up and down

There is hope. Are you doing talk therpy? If so, try some of the skills they teach like taking a walk, writting issues on paper, or my wife's fav is petting the dogs.
It may sound petty but some of these can help.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2005, 12:15 PM   #3
(female)

alexgranny HB User

Hi, Bob,
I must agree with Mudhound on this one. A combination of medication with therapy is the ticket for me.
I too try do simple things that make me feel good like taking a long walk or working out at home. Even a good book to escape into can help.
I don't think there is a way to make the process go really fast. Mostly patience and hard work are necessary.
Best of luck to you!

Old 03-24-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
(female)

janswife HB User

Hello, Im new here but, not so new to the bipolar thing. I didnt belive it at first. 1 year diagnosed now and its just making sence to me. Lexapro and, my therapy helps me. Im lucky cause my family and, friends know about it and help however they can. I try to stay ahead of my moods. I read some in the postings about a special diet. I will be reading up on that
Hang in there!

Old 03-25-2005, 02:56 AM   #5
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hi there. I was also in denial, and I still am sometimes. I have begun therapy and been on lamictal for about 3 wks now, but my pdoc says it will not kick in for a while. I was originally diaganosed post partum depression and spent a few months on and off prozac. (once again denial would throw me off the meds). My best advice is see a pdoc that you trust and try to remember that he IS the dr. and try to follow whatever plan he has for you , if it doesn't work out, DISCUSS it with him. don't just do what you think is right. It will really end up taking longer. I just keep thinking of all the time I have wasted, and sometimes I still want to quit the whole thing. I am also seeing a therapist who I really like too. I was seeing a couple other people who I didn't like, trust etc. and it really took me off my goal. Sorry I have gone on and on. I have had a really tearful , wanting to give up week, but I am still hanging in there, what else can you do? You WILL get better. Its hard to remember sometimes, but it is true. I love to get out and walk and blast music. That seems to be calming for me. Oh and organizing stuff and throwing stuff away, and buying new stuff. Ok, I will shut up already!
Good luck and take care! Love, Lori

Old 03-25-2005, 06:59 AM   #6
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

I'm with your wife, Mud. Pets are the best therapy I've ever experienced.

Hi, Bob.

I agree with everything listed so far. I'll try to not be redundant.

One thing I like to do is some kind of art. Believe me, I am definitely not an artist, but sometimes just smearing some paint around on something can help for a while. Any kind of project seems to help, as long as I keep it small to try to guarantee success.

I also believe strongly in humor. I try to keep a supply of stupid movies and good humor reading material around. It's hard to laugh when you're down in the black hole, as I call it, so a good arsenal of material is vital. Once I get started, though, it really helps for a while.

-Loopy

Closed Thread