It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 06:29 AM   #1
(female)

janswife HB User
Hello to my new friends

Hello,
Im new and, would love feedback. This is great. I have gotten alot out of reading postings already. I have a small group of friends that love and, understand me but, it would be great to talk to outhers with the same challenges as me. Even without feedback I already feel like Im not alone. So, again would love replies
Hello and, thank you
Cynthia

Old 03-25-2005, 06:40 AM   #2
(male)

maniasterisk HB User
Re: Hello to my new friends

Hi Janswife !!! (Cynthia)

I liked your feedback to my "ubiquitous" thread...

Are you, yourself, a person with a BiPolar diagnosis ??? It sounded like that was what you're saying...

Feel free to open-up about your own experiences and medications as you're comfortable...

Somebody, somewhere in and around this board - probably has been diagnosed and prescribed substances along the lines you're experiencing...

By sharing, it helps (somewhat) to give perspective outside of being told to "buy" whatever the Pdoc (psychiatrist or prescribing physician) is selling, without question...

And, if you need a lift in spirit, lots of folks are at the ready...

I tend to joke around a bit...

Best wishes, and glad you're here !!!

~ M* ~

Last edited by maniasterisk; 03-25-2005 at 06:42 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2005, 09:13 AM   #3
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Hi!

Welcome. Glad you're enjoying the boards. I, myself, was terrified to place my first post. Rejection issues, I guess. But everyone here is really wonderful and supportive and importantly, honest.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

--Loopy

Old 03-25-2005, 11:02 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User

Hi There,

Welcome. I was trying to hang back a little and not be the first one to jump out there, I think sometimes, I get overly enthusiastic about my posts. I have just been kind of isolated for a long time, and now that I have found a place where I can actually relate with the others, and not be afraid they will figure out I'm 'crazy', it's just so great.

I'm in a place (geologically) where the people just don't come out about their issues at all. I have a next door neighbor who is SO depressed, and it's just so obvious to me, but I don't dare say anything to her, she isn't in the mind-set to accept it, instead she would just tell everyone I'm nuts. Know what I mean?

Anyway, congratulations on being here, that's a step all by itself, right?

~heather

Old 03-25-2005, 01:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

Welcome! Vent and post as often as you like. This is a happening board.

Mudhound

Old 03-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #6
(female)

janswife HB User

Thank you for your replies! Yes loopy, rejection issues are there for me too but, Im an Aries so I usualy push myself. Today is my birthday, so its a nice present to recive new friends to talk to. Maniasterisk I Was at my theripist yesterday and we were going over my diognosis and, its borderline, post tramtic, ect. My theripist dosnt like to label me but, its nice to know whats wrong so I can fight back. Im 46 today and, after a life of dealing with this I finaly know whats wrong. Im taking lexapro now and, I will be starting neurantin. The lexapro helps me focas and minamize my mood swings. Again its so nice to have friends to talk to! Thank You!
Thank You!
Cynthia

Old 03-26-2005, 08:47 AM   #7
(female)

janswife HB User
Talking Re: Hello to my new friends

Thank you Heather and, Mudhound! this is a sooo great I look forward to talking to everyone!

Old 03-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #8
(female)

Kahlia25 HB User

Talking or writing to others that have the same thing going on is so helpful to me. I hope you find the board helpful and post as much as you like. We are always here.........well, most of the time!!!!!........Kahlia

Old 03-29-2005, 02:58 AM   #9
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hi Cynthia! I hope you are enjoying your time on the board. I know I actually go from being here every 5 mins to being here every 5 days. Good thing tho, someone is always around. Take care! Lori

Old 03-29-2005, 05:29 AM   #10
(female)

janswife HB User

Thank you Lori
I am enjoying the board. Its a blessing. Thank you too, for being there!
Make the most of
your day!
Cynthia

Old 03-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #11
(female)

dragon25 HB User

I just wanted to say hi and welcome. I might be a little more friendly in the future but for now I am laying low and quiet. Enjoy!

Old 03-29-2005, 07:24 PM   #12
(female)

janswife HB User

Hello,
Layin lows good. Its somthing I have trouble doing, when you listen you learn. Its nice to hear from you. Thank you, any feed back will be wellcome,
Cynthia

Last edited by janswife; 03-29-2005 at 07:26 PM.

Closed Thread