It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
(male)

Reboot HB User
Thumbs up Bipolar with PTSD, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

Two years ago when my illness brought my life to an abrubt stop I thought I couldn't go on. I remember my psych. doctor saying " your illness isn't going to enable you to continue working". I was devistated and remember thinking what will I do now, how will I provide for my family, and how did I get this illness. I remember the anger, fear, anxiety, and frustration that I felt on a daily basis. I remember the promise that I made to myself, that I was going back to college, and I remember how determined I was to keep that promise. I also remember all of the people that told me I wouldn't be able to get into college, as well as, all of the people that I thought were my friends who stopped associating with me when they discovered my illness.

Well, I am pleased to say that I kept my promise and started college in January. I have maintained a 3.25 g.p.a. and I no longer feel the anger, fear, or frustration as often as I once did. My thoughts are no longer dominated by fears of failing, being hospitalized, or having changes in my medication. I now receive disabilty and am no longer stressed by work related issues. I have cultivated new friends who I converse with on a regular basis who cause thought provocation and really motivate me.

I owe a great deal of my success to this board. I have read a lot of the messages posted here and a lot of them have motivated me and saved my life on many occasions. I still have my down days and on those days I come here for advice and a good laugh. I currently take lithium and trileptal for my illness and take my classes online.

Don't let anyone tell you what you can't do! Baby KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

Last edited by Reboot; 03-26-2005 at 03:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Bipolar with PTSD, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

Great! I'm always glad to hear sucess stories. A 3.25 is hard to maitain, so keep up the good work.

Mudhound

Old 03-28-2005, 09:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User
Re: Bipolar with PTSD, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

Good job and welcome! There will always be people in the world that doubt us illness or not and overcoming them is just as important as overcoming this illness.

Does your username come from where I think it comes from? If so, it's alphanumeric!

Old 03-28-2005, 09:09 AM   #4
(female)

Kahlia25 HB User
Talking Re: Bipolar with PTSD, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!

You should be sooo proud of yourself. It is hard to maintain that kind of average. I also went to college after being diagnosed and was told that I could NEVER do it...it just made me want o more to prove that this is a chemical imbalance and it can be controlled to a degree. Keep up the good work and never let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do......Kahlia

Closed Thread