It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

jmm1_em24 HB User
Post What is this..?

Hi all, I too am new, and have read things on here I highly relate to..thruout several different topics... I wanted to know exactly what this is.
With my having ups-n-downs., Meaning 1 or 2 weeks is a HIgh week(NOT Drugs!!) I am doing things good, feeling excellent, like I can do alot of things, then I basicly snap into a low, where I don't care,
Don't care about anything, What I'm suppose to do, how I'm suppose to be, and act.. There are people and things I care about. But I have the highs and lows. A couple months ago I was doing great in a great mood then It just snapped, where I was in a low for several months.. It has nothing to so with family or anybody else. Its just something I go thru often...
I'm happy in life, everythings going as I'd like for it to be..

Any help please.. Will be grateful.

Last edited by jmm1_em24; 03-29-2005 at 03:04 PM.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Re: What is this..?

I would suggest you speak with a dr. I still really don't believe my ups and downs are that much different then anyone elses. They say I am "bipolar II" and it really sounds like you have similar symptoms to mine, but that is for a dr to decide. Then if so, you should probably start some kind of treatment plan. Do yourself a favor, and seek help as soon as you can. You will most likely be glad you did. I dragged my feet for too long I think, its really not worth it. Good luck and keep us posted! Love, Lori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

Kahlia25 HB User
Talking Re: What is this..?

I agree with Lori-it sounds as if you are BiPolar II. I am also and have the same moods as you are describing. Before I was diagnosed, I was a mess, from on mood to the other. I am now on Neurontin and doing well. Get to a Dr. and find out if you are BiPolar and you will be better off in the long run....good luck in whatever you decide......Kahlia

Old 03-30-2005, 07:02 AM   #4
(female)

jmm1_em24 HB User

Ok, thanks a bunch,, I am starting counseling and I will see a Dr. and maybe be put on Paxil next week, not soon enuf for me!! I have done things ie: left state on spur of the moment PANIC ATTACKS, can't maintain relationships with opposite sex due to my spur of the moment UNHEALTHY IDEAS, I have to think for my 1yr old daughter, whats safe for her, which isn't up and RUNNING which I'VE always done.. I'm seriously thinking of where I'm going next, to get out of my relationship.! I can't tho.. but I think I need to.. I'm scared and get scared, (no trust towards men)!! Anyways, I'll be on the board thru out times, I'll look to see what BiPolar II is,
Thanks Emily

Old 03-30-2005, 08:53 PM   #5
(male)

VictoryRoad24 HB User

It sounds like you are having extreme mood swings there, something I am familiar with, although with me, its toned down now. I suggest you see a therapist if that is possible. There is no shame in that, and it helps tremendously. I am not a doctor, but it sounds like you could have Bi-Polar, where you have a tendency to be in a state of mania (feeling "high" and "excellent great mood") then it suddenly comes to a halt, and you go to the complete opposite, being totally withdrawn, and depressed. Hang in there buddy, there is help and hope. Best wishes.
-Greg

Old 04-04-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
(female)

jmm1_em24 HB User

Thanks U all...
I am anxiously waiting for my appt Thurs. to find out.. This is crud is real crazy.. I am spiraling down fast today where as yesterday or Sat. I was on somewhat of a pause/hold, then started slowly spiraling downhill, right this second I don't even know what to do. Don't want to "bother" my therapist, My bf really doesn't know whats going on with me even tho I have tried to explain to him how I'm feeling. Thinks I finally found my ailment, which I somehwat have, but not completely diagonised yet.. I think we, (daughter and I) will be leaving, due to bf pushing me get work, I told him, today I will put in apps, haven't done so yet. Got to get daycare paid! before I put my daughetr there. So I can apply for work. Its driving me nuts... Can't sleep it off or out.!! I'm really feeling the affects pinpointing noticing the difference. I'm on a short plateau for a little bit, think I'll try to stay on this one, then go to sleep, maybe I'll wake up feeling much better doubt ti. Alright let me go, and I'll be back soon.

Old 04-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #7
(female)

jmm1_em24 HB User

Hi all again, went to the Dr. found out that I do have major depression and have been put on EffexorXR. We'll see how this goes..
Thanks all..

Old 04-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #8
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Glad you got some help and I really hope that this med will help you to feel normal again. Hope you and bf can patch things up. Good luck and keep us updated! Love, Lori

Closed Thread