It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

loopyturtle HB User
hi, and short update

Hello to everyone.

I haven't been on here in a bit, and thought I'd give a little update.

I'm trying to catch my breath from last week. I started classes at the local tech school for nursing assistant. There are a whole whopping 2 students in the class, myself included. There will be two more joining in the weeks to come as we progress. It's not very challenging for me yet, but is a necessary step that I need to take. I think it is a good slow transition for me back into the world of going to school. I haven't taken a class of any kind for over ten years.

Still looking for employment. I have such an impressive job history. I don't think I'd hire myself, to tell you the truth. There are some employers that really liked me, but really haven't managed to stay long at any job and manage life as well. Working on that.

Gaining weight. Somehow slipped into the binge eating. As I'm not into the purge end of it, it does wonders for the waistline. Seems I'm always working on some self-destructive habit. Quitting meds, self-injury, alcohol, now it's the food. That's been the path the past few months. I guess the food thing causes the least harm, but it's the most easily observed and I really hate gaining weight.

I have managed to take my meds more often than not. Not sure I am enjoying it. Just about any swings go south. Give me mania any day. At least hypo. I love to fly. I don't know if I know how to be in an even mood. You know, that middle point on a mood chart.

A definite good occurrence is that I saw my primary dr. and he will prescribe my meds for me. I have the klonopin back, and he definitely is more knowlegeable about any of the meds than the nurse practitioner at the clinic I was seeing. Actually, I saw her today. I'm still going through the motions until I get all of the necessary processes to get the meds from the manufacturers.

So goes things in Loopyland . . .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 11:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: hi, and short update

glad to hear that you are doing somewhat better.

Mudhound

Old 04-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hey Loopy, thanks for the update. I hear you on the binging thing. I try to purge here and there just to stay even. I also did the med quitting thing, but not for awhile. the alcohol and caffeine I guess are my favorites. Sounds like you are easing back in to life and i am glad to hear it. I agree with the mania, I also can live with that, no doubt. I actually miss being on prozac , when I was wired all the time. I am thinking about asking pdoc to go back on it, but I don't think he will agree. Good luck with the job hunt. Oh, and I am glad you got to get with your dr. Hang in there tough! It has to get better, right??? Love, Lori

Old 04-02-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Thanks, Mud.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #5
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

And Lori.

That's what I hear, anyway. I'm such a dedicated pessimist, in spite of the efforts of my incredibly optimistic shrink. Lol. Besides, I wouldn't have a reason to go back to see him anymore if I changed camps.

Last edited by loopyturtle; 04-02-2005 at 11:30 AM.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #6
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Too bad they don't have a chat here. Very few and far between that we are hooked up at the same time, seems like it would be kind of nice to have a crazy conversation! Love, Lori

Old 04-02-2005, 11:34 AM   #7
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Definitely agree on that!

Old 04-04-2005, 08:17 AM   #8
(female)

dragon25 HB User

I sure am glad things are getting better for you!

Old 04-04-2005, 10:28 AM   #9
(female)

TLP53 HB User

Welcome back,
Good luck on the nursing assistant classes.
Terry

Old 04-04-2005, 05:16 PM   #10
(female)

jen1008 HB User

Hey Loopy,
Im glad thigs are going better for you. I would love to hear how the N.A. classes are going. I'm thinking about going that route myself, at least thats what I keep telling myself, then real life gets in the way (you know, bills, bills, bills, and the lack of motivation to do anything but go to work.)

I am also very familiar with the purging, not so much with the bingeing though, I tend to go through episodes when the thought of anything going in my mouth is revolting and I purge everything from an apple to a normal, healthy meal. Thank heaven I am in remission from that right now. I have to keep telling myself that it's ok to eat, I'm supposed to eat. My BP meds seem to helping with that disorder as well. If you ever need support for that let me know, Im here to listen. Again I'm so glad things are going well for you. Keep me posted
Luv,
Jen

Closed Thread