It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
JeNick

topamax/sleep

Hi, Just have a quick question for any of you who take Topamax. Would it be really bad to take a sleeping pill while on it..i have been having an awful time trying to fall asleep. I read in the booklet from the pharmacy that you shouldnt take anti anxiety or antihistimine like drugs, didnt know if sleeping pills were classified in either of those? any suggestions?

Jen

Old 04-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
JeNick

Re: topamax/sleep

Thanks! My doctor just recently put me on these, and I am hoping that my lack of sleep is just because I am scared that I might have nightmares. I heard that these are supposed to make you tired that is why I am a little confused. Do they make you tired? Also if you dont mind me asking, how are they working out for you(or anyone else)? Right now I am only on 25mg untill friday and then 50mg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

The wife had some severe side effects.

Mudhound

Old 04-05-2005, 02:35 AM   #4
(female)

Bekahontas HB User

Jen, I'm Bekah; new here. I take 300 mg of Topomax and my p-doc also prescribes 10 mg Ambien. I am extremely resouseful with them.Meaning, I break the Ambien in half when I do take them and that's only on the occassion that I need them. I also take 140 mg Geodon, 300 mg Wellbutrin, and 20 mg Lexapro. My understanding is that Lexapro is supposed to help a person sleep also...? I stay away from OTC sleeping aids, as they leave me feeling groggy the next morning. Have you considered trying Melatonin? You can find it at Wal Mart in the Vitamin/Herb section. It's natural, and it helps! No hangover! I have such sleep issues. Rather be up all night, alone, quiet, while the rest of the world is asleep. I feel so much energy at night,knowing no one is going to call or come knocking on my door. You know what I mean? Hmmm...maybe I need to start taking my Ambien! But yeh, you can take sleeping pills on Topomax; check with p-doc 1st, tho'.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:48 AM   #5
JeNick

I am wellbutrin 300mg and now the topomax and another night of no sleep. I think I am going to call my doc today, I like the topomax but I like sleep too maybe she will give me some ambien too. I need something...i dont think I can make it through work today
thank you for your response
Jen

Closed Thread