It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Irritability???

Oh my god, the past few days I have just been irritable beyond belief! I will be fine and coping and all of a sudden - POOF- Mrs. ***** arrives. This is like I am fine for half a day or so then I snap in and it takes another day to snap out for a short period and here it comes again. Does anyone else experience this? What do you do?? I just can't stand myself and my dh starts getting ****** because I am ******. I see my pdoc on Wed and I cannot wait. What do you all do? I am sick of screaming and yelling and being a complete jerk! It is not that time of the month either. I was a crying basket case then. I can't deal with this mood thing anymore!!! HELP!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2005, 05:22 PM   #2
(female)

jen1008 HB User
Re: Irritability???

I understand exactly how you feel. My hypo episodes always manifest themselves with extreme irritability. Made it kind of difficult to properly diagnose me. My husband understands that I really have no control over this, but tries to help anyway, which usually just makes it worse. We usually end up avoiding the subject all together and/or each other. It works for us, but it may not work for everyone. I have to keep telling myself that its not my fault and do my best to relax and think of what to say rather than the first bi***y thing to pop into my head. Difficult? YES, but I'm slowly getting better at dealing with it. And as my husband always says..."and this too, shall pass." Good luck and I hope it passes quickly, if it doesn't know that you are not alone, many of us are going through the same exact thing.
Luv,
Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 07:35 AM   #3
(female)

dragon25 HB User

Hi Lori,

I am in this mood right now. I experience it when I am depressed and hypomanic. I tend to ignore people or be very short with them. Everything and everyone gets on my nerves. I just want to scream!

Hope you feel better soon, Lori. Just know that I am right there with you. At least for today.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Thanks for sympathesizing with me! I am so new to this crap;, I don't know what a manic , or hypomanic or any kind of episode is. I am just going crazy, but not crazy fun - LOL! I would love to hop back on prozac. I wish I knew then what /i know now, I preferred that type of "episode" much more then this kind. Thanks! Hope we all are laughing soon!! Love, Lori

Old 04-05-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Hope you don't mind asking, but how old are you goofy? I started having ALL sorts of problems with irritablility - turns out it's probably linked to perimenopause. A real thrill of a time for Bipolar females when the "chemicals" that are our hormones start going haywire on us adding to the fun in our brains...!

Old 04-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User

Hi,

I answered this post yesterday, but then I pushed the wrong button, and deleted it, and I was so IRRITATED that I just got off the computer and said forget it. LOL

I also get really irritated, and easily agitated when I am going into manic mode it seems. And if my meds are keeping me from becoming manic, then I can stay in that 'in between' state for days. (anything is better than the depression, but I feel so bad when I'm grouchy to my family)

I think that if you are finding yourself feeling like that more often, you should tell your doctor, maybe your med isn't working like it should, or maybe you havent been on it long enough....

Ruth has a good point about the hormones, too.

good luck!!

~~~heather~~~

Last edited by polarized13; 04-09-2005 at 09:14 PM.

Old 04-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #7
(female)

pferg101 HB User

Funny. My mood has always been irritability too. My old doc said I had depression with moods. MY new doc says, biploar. Maybe I am bipolar. I am often snappy, say things that I shouldn't! People laugh and say you always speak up but, maybe I just need to control myself better!

Then again I am female, a mother and was working full time. I could just use some plain help around here too!

I hope you find the answer to help your moods!

pferg

Old 04-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #8
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

hey, thanks for the responses! I am 34 yrs old, have been on lamictal for like a month, but have only been at 100 mg for like a week. I see my pdoc tomorrow-wed. I was first dxd ppd after the birth of my son last summer and put on prozac. I ended up raising the dose every couple wks, then i'd quit taking it, then I'd take too much. Finally, dxd bipolar in hospital in feb and put on depakote. took myself off that after a wk, got a second opinion, bipoalr II, put on lamictal and here I am.

I had a serious prob admitting there was a prob, thought it was fake, i was making it up, etc. My pdoc thinks the prozac was making me manic, up all nite, out running every night, etc. I really miss that feeling. My pdoc says that sometimes drs are too quick to prescribe anti ds w/out first waiting for the mood stab to kick in. I will definitely be discussing. I wrecked the slidy tray that holds my keyboard pounding it in frustration then went on to cry my eyes out for who knows what. I haven't felt so alone and needing help for quite awhile now and I am just losing it.

Thank you all for your support and sorry I have gone on and on and on...Pretty typical -lol! Love, Lori

Last edited by goofyafter2; 04-05-2005 at 09:57 PM.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:24 AM   #9
(female)

pferg101 HB User

It is so frustrating to feel so many things falling down on you. Anger then tears. I am so sorry you are feeling so unstable. Keep an eye on your meds and side effects. I do think that sometimes when we are on so many our bodies must not know when it's up or down! My son was on several meds for bipolar for years & unstable. They were supposed to take him off all of them in the hospital but, never did! He was finally weaned off most of them and is stable on just lithium now!

I know several people who take one to be up, one for when they are down. It must get the body and brain very confused! Talk to your doc about all the ups & downs and if they are different then before you went of different meds. Keep a log of meds on/off, side effects. Mood feelig differently, etc.

Hope things get better.

pferg

Old 04-06-2005, 08:52 AM   #10
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

Lori,

Hope things go well at the Dr. today. I don't have any great advice. Not that good at dealing with the irritability, myself. My husband wasn't good at dealing with my irritability, either. Lol. Really, I hate the monster I can be. I walked out of school today rather than rage in class. So the school thing was short-lived.

Hang in there. We'll get you through.

--Loopy

Old 04-06-2005, 09:45 AM   #11

PeggyHarmon HB User

I'm off kilter. I am irritable, snappy, and I am on nothing. I'm 45...seems I have no patience left. I have crappy insurance at work (even work for a MHMR company) but they send us to private practice if we need therapy ourselves for privacy benefits. Everything sets me off. I have been on everything and off it seems. Once I'm off it, I break out in hives with an allergic reaction, so I'm scared to take anything more. Although I'm thinking paxil cr again. But yea, I'm living my own moody hell...no one loves me, no one does enough for me, then I pick fights with my S.O. and the household is shook up....soon, i'll have to do something, regardless of financially doing without some sort of meds.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:04 AM   #12
(female)

pferg101 HB User

Sorry to hear that! Can you go to the local Mental Health Clinic? I went here for years & they billed my insurance. I was also on a sliding scale which helped! I know I live in Moodville a lot of the time too! I am taking the xanax right now for anxiety and it seems to numb out my moods quite a bit. Although I am afraid of being dependent on it!

The mood stabilizers helped me the most. I loved risperdal but, got tics on it. That was a dream at helping me go to sleep! I take seroquel now & really like that too! I don't think some of the older ones are very expensive if you have to pay yourself! I hope you can get it under control. I know if doesn't feel good at all!

pferg

Old 04-06-2005, 10:40 AM   #13
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

I am so happy to hear I am "normal" - LOL!! But not at all of your guys expense.

Denise, I'll bet these damn babies have something to do with something - lol! Anyhow, I blame everything on meds too, then I go off them and have problems, so I am not sure where I am at. I'm about 5 lbs up and that is 5 ****** lbs too many!

Pferg, Thanks, I have a list of complaints for my pdoc today! He is gonna just love me!

Loopy, Loopy, Loopy! I am so sorry to hear you had probs in class already! You CAN go back you know!! Hope the anger eases up. When do you see dr next???

Peggy, I hear you. I have been shaking up my household for the past couple weeks. Sometimes I just wish my dh would leave me and take my kids away, because I am no kind of mother. I hope you are able to find help somewhere. You probably should.

See like now I feel ok. I have had an ok day so far. Pdoc in an hour. I'll keep you posted. (like you all care -lol!) I KNOW you do!

Old 04-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #14

PeggyHarmon HB User

I am not real big on astrology stuff... however some friends of mine say its the Mercury causing the fits. It's here until April 12--if I can patiently handle that, my schooling, my job, 2 weddings back to back, and my homelife...yeah... so it might just really be all the planets out of line. We're normal *throwing hands up* right? lol I do know I've had a bad bout this time.. I've questioned myself, my sensiblity, and my relationship, my OWN choices... I double question and over analyze. It completely sux to be this way.

Old 04-06-2005, 12:13 PM   #15
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

I hope you are right PeggyHarmon but if not, my pdoc just prescribed me some amblify(i think its called) and ambien for sleeping. Oh, and up to 150 mg lamictal. All scripts are at the drug store right now. It used to be down the st. so I go there and they move the moth-rf-cking thing somewhere else that I just drove past. So I am having a fit just trying to get the *****. ARGH! Had to stop and get another capuccino! LOL! Hope you are all well! Love, Lori

Closed Thread