It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #1
(female)

Suthern Redd HB User
Lightbulb Cymbalta for depression

I am 37 and was dx'ed with Bipolar and Borderline in May of last year after living years knowing something was not quite right but just didn't know what it was ~ I feel thankful to know now and be working to help myself. I am taking 250mg of Lamictal for the mood swings, 60mg of Cymbalta for depression and have .5mg of Klonopin for anxiety if needed.

I am just interested in hearing of others that take or have taken Cymblata. I have been on it since the end of February and started at 30mg for about 6 weeks and she just increased it 2 weeks ago to 60mg.

I have very restless sleep and at times since I am in the beginning stage of increase have tired spells off and on during the day...

Just interested in your experiences

Old 04-14-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
(male)

eddie300 HB User
Re: Cymbalta for depression

Hi !
I have been on cymbalta for about 2 months now. The first few weeks were not a picnic. ( I had quit all meds three weeks prior to starting cymbalta, under my docs supervision of course ) my moods are fine, I do have a bit of overwhelming anxiety on occasion, but I am trying to learn to be proactive about keeping attacks at bay, I also will use xanax, usually .5 mg will keep me from freaking out, so i can stay at my job or not call in sick. If i take a xanax it will last all day, i dont have to keep taking it all day. I took too much one time and I felt too tired to even sit up. I have to talk to "high end " clients all day so I gotta stay awake !! I must say I am happy with cymbalta, but i am aware that I need to keep working on the way I interperate things also. I take 60 mg of cymbalta daily, am a 32 y/o male. I can say that i do not have any problems sleeping, I used to take anywhere fron 25 to 150 mg of trazodone for falling asleep. Now I sleep 7-8 hours every night. take care !
eddie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 06:08 PM   #3
(female)

gloomygirl HB User
Re: Cymbalta for depression

hi,
i am 32. was diagnosed bipolar 13 years ago. i have never been that stable. my pdoc overlapped my cymbalta (30mg) with the remaining 10 mg of paxil i needed to ween from. 5 days later we went to 60mg cymbalta. it was a disaster! i was depressed, suicidal, couldn't sleep for more than 2 hours. the strangest thing i found was that i started obsessing over things. it was like i was 13 again with my favorite music group. it was really strange.

i do also take lithium, triliptal and clonapin in fair high doses. but, befor the cymbalta i did not have these symptoms. i'm glad the med is working for some people. the switch may have been too quick. but, in my severe case, i could not go without any antidepressants.

Last edited by gloomygirl; 04-17-2005 at 06:09 PM. Reason: misspelling

Closed Thread