It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

janswife HB User
Question Borderline

Hello to all, I could use some feed back about borderline disorder
Please and, Thank you
Cynthia

Old 04-06-2005, 12:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Borderline

I would guess that one could have several systoms of this illness. But not enough for a proper dio?

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #3
(female)

janswife HB User

Thanks for the feed back,
I will check that link. Mudhound, Im scared, I do have several symtoms and my dad was borderline scizzophinic(bad spelling?) I have read some and it just plain scares me. It would be good to know from 1st hand accounts of what im up against, Im going to be part of a group on borderline in about 2 weeks. I got to the threrapist once a week for 2 hours and to p doc once a month or so. I really want the most from my life and, im determined to have it but, !?!?! this is a hard battle! The healthboards have been great to be a part of. I dont feel so alone and, lost.
Thank you again
Cynthia

Old 04-06-2005, 09:45 AM   #4
(female)

halfreality71 HB User

hi-

i have paranoid schizophrenia. were you reffering to borderline personality disorder? or borderline schizophrenia? Actually, the new name for borderline schizophrenia is schizotypal personality disorder.
...I think it's really stupid, all this "personality disorder" stuff. They should have left "borderline schizophrenia" the way it was, instead of changing it to a personality disorder. It really makes no sense to call any of these mental illnesses "personality disorders" especially borderline schizophrenia, because it really is more like a less severe form of schizophrenia then a personality disorder.

anyway, sorry for complaining...the idea of personality disorders are just real stupid and bothersome to me.
here is the diagnostic criteria for borderline schizophrenia ..or should i say.."schizotypal personality disorder":

diagnostic Criteria
A pervasive pattern of social and interpersonal deficits marked by acute discomfort with, and reduced capacity for, close relationships as well as by cognitive or perceptual distortions and eccentricities of behavior, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

-ideas of reference (excluding delusions of reference)

-odd beliefs or magical thinking that influences behavior and is inconsistent with subcultural norms (e.g., superstitiousness, belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, or "sixth sense"; in children and adolescents, bizarre fantasies or preoccupations)

-unusual perceptual experiences, including bodily illusions

-odd thinking and speech (e.g., vague, circumstantial, metaphorical, overelaborate, or stereotyped)

-suspiciousness or paranoid ideation

-inappropriate or constricted affect

-behavior or appearance that is odd, eccentric, or peculiar

-lack of close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives

-excessive social anxiety that does not diminish with familiarity and tends to be associated with paranoid fears rather than negative judgments about self

Does not occur exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia, a Mood Disorder With Psychotic Features, another Psychotic Disorder, or a Pervasive Developmental Disorder.

Note: If criteria are met prior to the onset of Schizophrenia, add "Premorbid," e.g., "Schizotypal Personality Disorder (Premorbid)."

well...i hope this helps. Good luck.

-Becka

Old 04-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #5
(female)

janswife HB User

Thanks Becka,
I have been doing the reading. I guess what im looking for is idias on how to deal with it, someone to tell me it will be alright(wa wa wa) Some one to say yes thats me too but, now I gotta grip! I hope no-one takes offence at this, My father died with this problem, he went from hero to beat to death by someone who was prouble sick of his poo. He lived on the streets in the end, where so many people do without support and, help, We spent my childhood moving from one place to another to avoid him. So, Thanks for the feedback and, to anyone who reads this
Cynthia

Closed Thread