It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
(male)

Flec HB User
any help would be apreciated

so i broke up with my first love about a month and a half ago.... we were together for over a year.... she basicly dumped me one day out of the blue without a reason at all... just that she didnt feel anything for me anymore

anyways since then i have had many ups and downs.... days i feel fine, and days i feel like i want to die..... sometimes i can go through those extremes more then a couple times a day.... its gotten to the point now that it's been awhile already and im still constantly thinking about her because everything still reminds me about her.

for instance the past 2 days were SOLID for me,.... pure enjoyment everything from seeing cosmic gate at a party, drinking with friends on a sunny day to playing soccer with over 20 buddies.... yet i wake up a day later and want to take the knife to myself again ( not literlly im too strong of a person to do that but it is actually the lowest ive ever felt by far) last week about an hour into my soccer game this 'feeling' hit me again and i could not do anything let alone finish the game.

my question , is it normal to experiance depression in this manner after a break up or has this actually done some serious damage to me that isnt going to heal with time?

Old 04-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User
Re: any help would be apreciated

Hi Flec

Sorry to hear about what happened and sorry that things are so tough for you at the minute. I think most people would agree with me that there is never anything 'normal' about the way our moods and emotions can swing so drastically - everyone reacts differently to different things in different times. What I'm trying to say is that it would be difficult to tell at this stage whether what you're experiencing is a reaction to the split or something more long term. Whatever it is, you sound as though you could do with some help in trying to level things out in the short term - I would go to see your doctor for some advice and possibly some medication. Also try to be nice to yourself - you've obviously been really hurt by this and it's going to take time to feel good all the time again. Talking helps - to friends, family, therapists or on here - anywhere you can let off steam really.

Hope this is of some use to you and that things start to improve for you soon

All the best

Picali

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2005, 02:59 PM   #3
(female)

Kahlia25 HB User
Lightbulb Re: any help would be apreciated

I agree with Picali......you may have a depression going on that is not even from your ex GF. I had one for two years and it had nothing to do with what I thought. See a good Dr. and maybe you can sort it all out. I am sorry you are feeling so bad at times but you say at times, you do feel good. That tells me that you have some good days in there. I wish you well......Kahlia

Closed Thread