It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 03:36 AM   #1
(female)

halfreality71 HB User
Your hallucinations?

hi...i've posted here a couple times before. But not very much. I've been diagnosed with Paranoid schizophrenia. I'm just here because i'm interested to learn more about Bipolar disorder...i hear that there are some similarities between schiz and bipolar.

..anyway, im just curious to know, if any of you have hallucinations, what are they like? If you hear voices, what kinds of things do they say? Or what kinds of things do you see? Do they occur when you only manic? or when you are depressed too?

thanks

-Becka

Old 04-14-2005, 06:42 AM   #2

PollyPrissyPants HB User
Re: Your hallucinations?

hi....i have bipolar with psychotic features and have hallucinated in the past....mainly during my divorce when the stress was way high....i saw a man walking across my deck (not there), i heard people having a discussion in my family room (again, not there) and i saw a woman wearing an old fashioned black pilgrim-type garment and bonnet in my hallway one night....that was the worst because she turned to look at me and i got an icy chill down to my bones....made me run into my bedroom and lock the door....the next day i smelled strong perfume in the same hallway where she was standing...i have never heard voices in my head directly talking to me other than my own thoughts in which i have detailed and lengthy discussions with myself....now that my stress levels are down i haven't had any hallucinations, visual, auditory or olfactory....a blessing as they are quite rattling....
PPP~~~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
(female)

Pamela W HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfreality71
hi...i've posted here a couple times before. But not very much. I've been diagnosed with Paranoid schizophrenia. I'm just here because i'm interested to learn more about Bipolar disorder...i hear that there are some similarities between schiz and bipolar.

..anyway, im just curious to know, if any of you have hallucinations, what are they like? If you hear voices, what kinds of things do they say? Or what kinds of things do you see? Do they occur when you only manic? or when you are depressed too?

thanks

-Becka

Old 04-14-2005, 07:19 PM   #4
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

I have been facing a manic episode for a lttle bit of time now. Not sure if i have hallucinations really. Just felt like sharing I guess. I see a lot of things out of the corner of my eye and do the double take and its usually something harmless like a leaf or something. Like I think I see a snake or something then I look again and of course its not. I don't hear voices just like rustling sounds so I think there are animals everywhere. at my last pdoc visit, he says i am just fried from no sleep and thats why.

thanks for listening- i just can't seem to shut up! Love, Lori

Old 04-15-2005, 05:37 AM   #5
(female)

dragon25 HB User

When I am manic I sometimes feel like I have tiny bugs crawling on me. Sometimes they tickle and itch and sometimes they sting. I see things like shadows out of the corner of my eye too. Most of the time I am well aware that they are only hallucinations.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
(female)

DawnieD13 HB User

I too have been getting hallucinations. They seem to get worse when I am in an extremely stressful situation. Mine are usually visual ( i.e. I'll see a shadow in the corner of my eye or I think I saw my cat). Recently I thought I heard noises (like the cupboard shutting). Does anyone ever get visuals that seem like things are breathing or moving?
I am very aware that these things are not real however that does not take the fear out of it.

DawnieD

Old 04-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #7
(female)

dragon25 HB User

Dawnie,

I had one last night while I was laying on my bed, talking on the phone to my boyfriend. I have a bed with tall posts and iron design around the top. Well, I saw the iron railings around the top moving in and out. I told my boyfriend that it was like giant squeezing my bed between his fingers. He started asking me if I was okay after that!!!

Old 04-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #8
(female)

halfreality71 HB User

thanks you everyone, for your replies.

I have some similar hallucinations to what you guys have described. I see shadows out the corners of my eyes (sometimes i see them right in front of me) and i see bugs crawling all over the walls. I've only had a few episodes of really big visuals. One time, when i was walking home from school, i looked in the window of a house and saw a woman standing there looking at me. At first i thought she was real. But then i noticed she was all white, and dead-looking and her eyes looked strange. Then i looked at her arm, and there was blood running down it.
A couple weeks ago, i was driving and always up the street, i saw a big shadowy figure walking up the street. All these weird red lights started to surround it. I slammed on my breaks.

I also see things move all the time, like the are pulsing/breathing/flowing/and changing shape. My world is almost always like this.

I've also had some tactile hallucinations...i feel icy-cold water dropplets rolling down my legs, i feel burning,pain, and poking.

I guess my biiggest hallucinations are the voices: I constantly have voices inside my head having conversations with each other. Sometimes they talk in other languages, or they say things that dont really make sense. For some reason, they get louder when i am in the shower, or trying to read, or in a dark room.

I also have lots of weird body feelings...i dont know if this is really a hallucination, but i have feelings like i cant tell where my limbs are, i cant tell where my body stops and the world starts, my body feels all mixed up and distorted, i recognize other people and objecsts as me, etc.
..lately, i have been able to feel other people living inside me, like i am possessed. These are their voices that i hear in my head. I feel them move inside of me.

Lately, i have had some trouble telling what is real and whats not. I cant tell if i am actually seeing a shadow or if it's just an hallucination. The other day, i stepped on a small peice of glass. I thought the pain was just one of my tactiles, so i kept walking around on it, until i finally realized it was a peice of glass in my foot. and sometimes I cant tell if things are actually moving or if its a hallucination.

..alright, sorry i rambled on for so long.

-becka

Old 04-16-2005, 07:41 AM   #9
(female)

Kahlia25 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Your hallucinations?

I also have had hallucinations....people calling my name....seeing furniture shift etc. I have Bipolar effective didorder.....I feel crazy at times and my Psych says that because of the abuse i have suffered as a child I am"hypervigilante".....That means I am aware of EVERYTHING around me. I believe that stress is a BIG trigger for us.....we have to try and avoid it at all costs. My father was schizophrenic as well as my younger brother.....I TRULY understood them.....nobody else in the family did and always wondered what their next move was going to be....they could have educated themsleves but chose not to.....my younger brother passed away recently in his sleep and now my sister is GUILTY that she did not talk to him when he reached out to her.....we all have our demons......Kahlia

Old 04-16-2005, 08:49 AM   #10
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Wow, that stuff is too scary. I thought the corner of the eye stuff was weird. Yesterday at work I was talking to a guy and I screamed out loud because I thought someone was behind me, but no one was. Kind of interesting, (sometimes fun).

Closed Thread