It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2005, 02:54 AM   #1
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Do I have any company in this??

Staying up all night?? I have been up since midnite. I exercised at 130am and I have been mothersday, fathersday, birthday and christmas shopping online like crazy. My husband is going to kill me. Now I have been drinking coffee since like 230. I know this high is not going to last all day. Why don't I want to sleep?? I know I am still going through this "episode" or whatever you call it. When does lithium "kick in"? Um, sometimes I am tired and I still don't want to go to sleep. I wonder why. This LITHIUM is making ME thirsty. So what do you all think? I just prefer to be like this. The kids are sleeping so its even more fun - lol!! I just can't type fast enough or correct enough, so I will see you all. I appreciate any advice, comments. Love, Lori Oh, the past two nites, I have gotten like 5-6 hours. Last night 4, am I regressing LOL!!!!!! I hope so!!

Old 04-16-2005, 07:19 AM   #2
(female)

Kahlia25 HB User
Exclamation Re: Do I have any company in this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyafter2
Staying up all night?? I have been up since midnite. I exercised at 130am and I have been mothersday, fathersday, birthday and christmas shopping online like crazy. My husband is going to kill me. Now I have been drinking coffee since like 230. I know this high is not going to last all day. Why don't I want to sleep?? I know I am still going through this "episode" or whatever you call it. When does lithium "kick in"? Um, sometimes I am tired and I still don't want to go to sleep. I wonder why. This LITHIUM is making ME thirsty. So what do you all think? I just prefer to be like this. The kids are sleeping so its even more fun - lol!! I just can't type fast enough or correct enough, so I will see you all. I appreciate any advice, comments. Love, Lori Oh, the past two nites, I have gotten like 5-6 hours. Last night 4, am I regressing LOL!!!!!! I hope so!!
I believe it is what they call MANIA.....Lithium may not be enough in itself to calm down your manic episode. I would call you DR-psych and tell him/her what is going on.....you cannot continue at this pace..you are going to fall soon enough...when you crash...you burn.......AHHHHH...Kahlia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
(male)

maniasterisk HB User
Re: Do I have any company in this??

Lori ~

I gave you the spaghetti sauce recipe on the other thread...

You're going through what I have contended with TOO much of my life...

I use(d) lithium at one time, and YES, it makes you very thirsty...

Our minds/bodies do get adjusted to craving that "alone" time...

For your own financial security and marital happiness, you've gotta curb the online shopping (maybe surrender the credit card data OR freeze the card or something)...

Just a suggestion ~ try a couple of slices of turkey (sliced packaged is fine) just a half-hour or so before bed... The triptothane is supposed to relax one towards a better sleep...

Good Luck !!!

~ M* ~

Last edited by maniasterisk; 04-16-2005 at 07:42 AM.

Old 04-16-2005, 07:57 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
polarized13 HB User

Hi Lori,

(I hope you're asleep by now!!!) But if you're not, we've all been there. Yep, mania.

It usually takes a lot longer to get stabilized on a med than a couple days, and I figure you've only been on lithium for like, what, three now?

I agree with M*, you gotta chill on the spending, (classic mania symptom) and try to relax.That means no more coffee, woman!! lol

And I hear you about the time you have to yourself when the kids are sleeping, I love my kids so much, but it really does seem that I can't do anything without constant interruption; "Mommy!!!" whenever I start anything for myself. So I also cherish that time while their sleeping, for me it's usually between 9 and 11 pm. I make myself go to bed after that, or I will be worthless the next day.

As some wise bipolar once said ( I think it was Reesie) nothing makes you lose it faster than lack of sleep.

Anyhow, take care, and get some rest!!!

lots of love,

~~heather~~

Old 04-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Hey, thanks guys! Yep Ive been on lithium for 3 days. All I could think of is - Jane, stop this crazy thing! Jane, HELP! Just kidding I am enjoying it as long as I am not getting angry. I will have to try the turkey thing, I love turkey anyhow. I saw the sauce thing. I hope its not too complicated for a retard like me. I will have to read it again and print it out. Tonite I will have to have a couple beers though, so I'll have to start tomorrow-LOL! Oh, and I see pdoc again on Monday. So, we shall discuss, I have bloodwork Mon am too. I hope everyone is having as sunny a weekend as I am. Thanks for your support. Love, Lori

Old 04-16-2005, 05:45 PM   #6
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Ok, dh doehn't want me, i am a mess. i cry a lot. I will get ok sonn...if i love my babies so much, then why cant I take cre of the,,. EWHy do I want them to hage evetrytinl

Old 04-17-2005, 04:45 AM   #7
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

ok, I am getting it back together. I noticed my irritability level is lowering. Today I am so back to cleaning. I love it. So if I am going "back down", how far will pdoc "make me" or "let me" go??? I would be happy right here, I guess. Thanks , Lori

Closed Thread