It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2005, 02:04 AM   #1
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Question Mental Block

Just wondered if this ever goes away. I can sit and talk to someone and I forget words. Then like I remember them the next day and I will call people up and be like - oh, that word I couldn't think of was... Now I thought a lot of people said that this goes away. I am noticing mine getting worse lately and on top of that, my sentences get mixed up order wise. Now is this a med thing , or a stupid thing, or a bp thing or what. I thought I was improving until like the last month or so. And I mean words like coupon! Oh well. Thanks for any input! Love, Lori

Old 04-17-2005, 08:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Mental Block

The wife has issues like this too. Her thought process is slowed down a little.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 09:34 AM   #3
(female)

nothingtolose19 HB User

Man, do I have that! I can talk for hours then lose my train of thought. My whole family is like that. I don't know if it gets better, we just use it as a form of entertainment. I hear herbs can help with that. But I don't know much more than that. I know some of my problem is a strong case of dyslexia. My brother has it really bad, he'll talk inside out and what is really bad, is that we won't even notice, we will correct it in our heads. I've had people say it sounds like we made up a language.

( : If walls could talk, we'd all live outside.)

Old 04-17-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Thanks Denise for remembering. Yes I am on both of those and I see pdoc tomorrow. His main concern is taking care of my anger issues at this point. Did your bloodwork ever come back screwy? And how often do you have it?

Kathryn, I am laughing hysterically at your family. Sorry, I can't help it, the picture you paint. I would love to come to your family reunion. My family just thinks I am sick - LOL!

Mud, I hope you are feeling better yourself. And the two twenties are on their way!

Thanks for the input everyone, guess I will have to quit thinking the world is more retarded then I am. Love, Lori

Old 04-18-2005, 09:42 AM   #5
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Denise, I went today. My thyroid is right on the money and lithium levels are low so I am to take another pill in the a.m. My pdoc thinks we are moving in the right direction, but I kind of feel like crying. How does he know when its too much? Hope your head is better. I had headaches so bad and had an mri and they said I have severe sinus probs, but I don't have a dr so I am still draining away. Let me know how it goes Thurs. Love, Lori

Old 04-18-2005, 04:22 PM   #6
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Yeah, it will be 900 plus the lamictal and ambien (waste of time) for sleeping. I kind of like it though because when I wake up with ds after an hour or two, I am so spaced and messed up. (aren't I weird I love it). I had the blood test first thing this morning and I am not sure when I do it again. Not before my next appt next week anyway.

Anyhow, I drink on Saturdays and I don't think I should because I get where I don't even remember anything the next day. Pretty sad for a 34 yr old parent.

I get paranoid a lot too. I am not sure what I would do. I am still ****** that that lady would talk like that to you. Isn't she supposed to just ask stuff like - you wouldn't seriously hurt them would you? Or, we need to settle you down, or something like that. Why give you threats? What kind of therapist does that? I am very new to the therapy game, BUT I didn't like my last one and everytime I saw her, I quit my meds. So, I finally left. I don't know if I could keep going to someone who actually said that or threatened me or whatever. Wake up call? I'm not sure.

Anyhow, I would probably find a new therapist and take my daughter with me. Like you said, if you don't trust them... How can you be honest? And you really have to be , to be helped, right?

I have gone on long enough here. I know you will do what you think is right. Let me know what happens. I am sorry you have to go through all this stupid crap on top of everything else. Love, Lori

Closed Thread