It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

BethyGirlie HB User
Question BPD and bipolar paranoia- meds?

I am 25 years old and I have been diagnosed with bipolar I although I meet almost every DSM-IV characteristic for borderline personality disorder. I am currently on Lamictal 150mg and Zoloft 50 mg. I was wondering if anyone has been on any med that decreased their anxiety and paranoia, because I am always worried about something and it has led to panic attacks and I don't think the Zoloft is working because I don't feel any better at all. Also, if the med you are taking works, does it make you gain weight?
I appriciate all replies, thanks. :-) Have a good day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NodiGoiterGirl HB User
Re: BPD and bipolar paranoia- meds?

Effexor XR works for my husbands anxiety and panic attacks. He was on zoloft but I can't remember if it was for anxiety. I was on effexor and it helped my anxiety in social situations. It isn't supposed to make you gain weight. I sure didn't.
As with any drug there are pros and cons. It is a hard drug to get off of if you ever decide to quit, just because of the withdrawels. But, if it works why would you want to? And, I'm sure many drugs have withdrawel symptoms if you stop them.
I stopped taking it because I wanted to see if I needed it anymore. I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I really should have stayed on it.
The whole social anxiety thing makes it hard sometimes.
Some people take Xanax for panic attacks. I've used it in situations where I knew I would be anxious and have heart palpatations. It made me kind of tired though. Most docs don't want to use it long term for some reason. I guess because it is addictive.
What works for one may not work for someone else either. Hope you find what's right for you.
Take Care,
Nodi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2005, 10:27 PM   #3
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Re: BPD and bipolar paranoia- meds?

Hi Bethy. I don't have any advice, but among all the people around here, someone must have experience with the type of meds you are looking for. Good luck. Love, Lori

Closed Thread