It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2005, 04:17 AM   #1
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
Anyone else forget when they took their meds?

I am noticing that I have to sit and think about which meds are morning and which are evening. I actually took an a.m. med last night. I am such a forgetter. Any one else do that? I feel a little silly getting one of those pill things - lol! I am 34 . LOL! Oh and sometimes I forget if I even took them or not. duh!!!

Last edited by goofyafter2; 04-20-2005 at 04:18 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 04:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Anyone else forget when they took their meds?

My wife uses one of those week at a glance pill thingies. It works for her. Me too.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 06:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

I use one of those pill keepers too!

Old 04-20-2005, 07:41 AM   #4

PollyPrissyPants HB User

at night i turn my pill bottles right side up....then as i take them through the day, i turn them upside down....then if i cant remember if i took them or not (which is always!!) i look at the bottle...if it's upside down, i have taken it....but i'm not on that many pills and all i take at night are sleeping pills....it's funny all the little systems we develop to compensate....i'm also ADD and chuckle every time i forget if i took my ADD meds...my daughter jokes that if i cant remember than i probably need more..lololol....
PPP~~~

Old 04-20-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
(female)

ChinaCatZZZ HB User

Mornin'
I am a MDD Mom of a wonderful young man who's fallen to BP and is now fighting, quite bravely, all of the horrible and frustrating idiosyncrasies that come with having bipolar. My 27 yr old son Will, has only begun a more consistent program of meds (therapy too, GO WILL!) within the last 6 months... along with a divorce, loss of all possessions (through the divorce)loss of career job, and worst of all, loss of closeness with his baby boy with only limited and supervised visitation... so he's REALLY gone through major adjustments along with his treatment plan.
I did manage to talk him into the pillkeeper since I've used one for some 20 years now, and have been very successful beating the (literally) crippling major depressive disorder I once suffered.
Once I shook off the stereotype of the kind of person I thought would even need a pillkeeper, I discovered what a great convenience, sometimes even lifesaver the system really is. Y'know, it's just another tool, or lifeskill we can use to get over our hurdles. HA HA! Who'da thought I would ever be that organized!!! Not me!
Will has come back to thank me for the idea, so I guess it's working well for him too. And boy, it beats the consequences he's suffered a few times when he did mix up his meds!
I say, ANYthing to stop the suffering!!!
God bless you all, I have learned SOOO much from you!
ChinaCatZZZ

Old 04-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #6
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Wow, thanks for sharing everyone. Guess I am just stunned because I used to make fun of my mom -LOL! Love, Lori

Old 04-20-2005, 12:40 PM   #7
(female)

loopyturtle HB User

I was 18 when I first got one of the pillkeepers. Blasting through stereotypes are good. You gotta do what you gotta do.

A few weeks ago I almost took 3 klonopins each 4x my usual dose. They are the same color as an upset tummy med that I meant to take. I would have been out for a week!

--Loopy

Old 04-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User

Well I suppose I should be ashamed to say that I refuse get a days of the week pill keeper. I remember as a child filling my grandmother's pill keepers (she had 4: breakfast, lunch, dinner, and night). I guess I feel too young to warrant one. Now if they'd put star wars characters on them maybe I'd get one, otherwise I refuse. Something about having the days of the week labeled just gets to me. I do have a pill keeper round tower thingy, it doesn't have days of the week, but its clear and acrylic so it matches the rest of my bathroom nicknacks (I love the container store). But oddly enough it doesn't help me remember to take meds, it'sgreat for telling me if I did take my meds, but still forget. And many a time have I unknowingly knocked it off the counter, and in the morning I don't see it and don't remember to take anything. So I guess there is no hope for me.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:07 PM   #9
(female)

ChinaCatZZZ HB User
Lightbulb Re: Anyone else forget when they took their meds?

Hi Reesie,
Sure, I think there's ALways hope! Don't give up just cuz you didn't get a gimmick going yet!
Hey guess what... you can get those round, acrylic, stacking pill-keepers in rainbow colors too, hee hee hee. I LOVE mine, stacked them in order of chakra colors. That's possibly how I got around the whole "antique" feeling that seems to come with pillboxes.
Dunno what I would do without my days labeled though. I mean, 'cuz that IS the way I know I took my meds. But at least on my stacking containers, I can't see the day of the week unless I turn it over and look, so it's not staring me in the face all the time.
Warm hug to you,
ChinaCatZZZ

Old 04-21-2005, 04:15 AM   #10
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

Our drugstore didn't have the a.m. p.m. so I got a green one for morning and blue one for night. My dh was laughing his head off!

Old 04-21-2005, 07:15 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaCatZZZ
you can get those round, acrylic, stacking pill-keepers in rainbow colors too, Z
AWESOME!

Old 04-21-2005, 04:25 PM   #12
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User

I saw those too. They are really cool. I just refuse to spend any xtra $ on it because I am not going to be on meds forever - LOL LOL!!

Closed Thread