It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 05:50 AM   #1
(female)

Derangea HB User
Deteriorating Relationship

My relationship seems to be declining. My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year. We've had many downs, such as my depressive fits, which he has always helped me whenever I was hospitalized. But now, at this point, after being very suicidal for a week, and on constant crying spells, he doesn't help me. When a problem in our relationship comes up, he avoids it. How do you deal with someone that means so much to you but are so passive and anyime a problem arrises they just avoid it, run away, and try to make you feel guilty? Its tearing me apart. And I've already been falling apart before this. He's a "quick fix guy" and when its not fixed he blames me fore it. I seem to be playing the roll of his Second Mother. I love him, but its decling, because he cant face reality, and refuses to be responsible and wont grow up. I cry everyday about it. And the guilt trips he lays on me doesn't make it any better. How do I approach this. Please. Any help or listening would help so much.

Thanks,
-Derangea

Old 06-30-2005, 06:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Deteriorating Relationship

I understand how he feels. My wife has BP and it is tough. Guys do tend to be quick fix it kind of people. Your best hope is that he finds out what BP is. Buy him a book, send him to a NAMI support group, or have him read some of my post on this board. It should open his eyes to the issue of BP.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 06:16 AM   #3
(female)

Derangea HB User
Re: Deteriorating Relationship

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhound
I understand how he feels. My wife has BP and it is tough. Guys do tend to be quick fix it kind of people. Your best hope is that he finds out what BP is. Buy him a book, send him to a NAMI support group, or have him read some of my post on this board. It should open his eyes to the issue of BP.
What is the name of your post? Would you mind if I printed it out for him to read?

Closed Thread