It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

MikeysWifey0316 HB User
Distracted?!?!?

How am I supposed to deal with the distraction I'm having? I can't concentrate on my work for anything. What do I do? I'm on meds, trying to get them changed, but what until then? Should I be taking off work?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User
Re: Distracted?!?!?

Honey I wish I knew the answer to that. I'm having the same problem (and have been for the past month or so). The problem with taking off of work is that you can't predict when you'll stop being distractible, and you'll run out of time to take off, then when you really need a day off (like when you can't stop crying) you won't have it. i always save days off for the really really bad days. As for dealing with the lack of concentration I, personally don't do much. I kind of force myself to type a sentence of work then stare into space and let my mind wonder then type another sentence. I also make deals with myself like if I can work for fifteen minutes straight I get to take a short walk (or get to hide in the bathroom). I also listen to music (the kind without lyrics or at least lyrics in another language) and use that to cover the random thoughts while I try to work. But mostly I spend long hours at work until I squeeze out enough progress to be satisfied. (I'm single so I don't have anything else to do or need to be home at a decent time).

Not the greatest advice I know but at least you know you're not alone. check some of my past threads i started because I asked the question before and someone come on with some good advice then.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2005, 12:07 PM   #3
(female)

MikeysWifey0316 HB User

Thanks Reesie! We can't have music here, that would probably help me a ton. The worst part is that we are not supposed to use the internet while at work here... I don't think I'll get in any trouble, but still. It is starting to worry me. But we'll see. I need to ask my computer geek husband how I can disable my internet on my computer at work without anyone knowing I did it. Or just block all pages that aren't work related. Then I won't be tempted. Oh well. We'll see. Thanks for your help though! I'll look at your other posts.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User

whoops! double post

Last edited by reesie; 06-30-2005 at 12:27 PM.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:24 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

The post is called " I have no home! Haunted! Depised!"

No music! Barbarians! I say! I will knaw off the arm of the person who tries to take my Ipod away!

I'm not supposed to surf at work either. Of course I'm not supposed to get here at 10am or cry like a baby in the bathroom either but there you have it.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:36 PM   #6
(female)

MikeysWifey0316 HB User

I KNOW! They even turned the volume down/off on the MUSAK! I would rather listen to that than nothing at all. The only thing that saves me is running a fan. That pretty much drowns out all of the back-stabbing and gossip from the cubicle next door. Oh, and the "I'm so fat I hate it" comments from the girls that weigh like 115. (Sorry, that one is a sore spot for me) I bet I could get a note from a doctor or therapist stating I needed to have music of some sort. Wonder if that would work? hhhhhmmmmm And I have always wanted an IPOD. I have a bday coming up, it was getting pretty close to being on the list. lol
And I totally understand the whole "doing what you're not supposed to" thing. I figure, as long as I'm getting my work done (even if its barely) they won't have any reason to be too terribly suspicious. I hope!

Last edited by MikeysWifey0316; 06-30-2005 at 12:37 PM.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

AMEN Sisterfriend!

The fat lines drive me nuts too. I have a friend who is an absolute sweetheart, but she is vietnamese and has the metabolism of a shrew. She eats 4 - 5 plates at the buffet
and always complains that she is gaining weight even those she is always a size 0. Whenever she say's "I'm gaining weight" I say "It's just your hair"

See if you can get a doc note. That would be awesome! I'd love to see you pull that off! When I'm in an irritable (manic or depressed) state, people talking inanely makes me homicidal! I have even told people at work to "shut up!" Loudly. I desperately need my music. Maybe that can be your argument. You need music for the safety of others.

I too barely get my work accomplished and half-assed too IMO. But they always say I do a really good job so that reinforces my belief that BPs are soooo brilliant that subpar work from us is illustrious by "normal" standards.

Last edited by reesie; 06-30-2005 at 01:12 PM.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:45 PM   #8
(female)

MikeysWifey0316 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesie
AMEN Sisterfriend!

The fat lines drive me nuts too. I have a friend who is an absolute sweetheart, but she is vietnamese and has the metabolism of a shrew. She eats 4 - 5 plates at the buffet
and always complains that she is gaining weight even those she is always a size 0. Whenever she say's "I'm gaining weight" I say "It's just your hair"

See if you can get a doc note. That would be awesome! I'd love to see you pull that off! When I'm in an irritable (manic or depressed) state, people talking inanely makes me homicidal! I have even told people at work to "shut up!" Loudly. I desperately need my music. Maybe that can be your argument. You need music for the safety of others.

I too barely get my work accomplished and half-assed too IMO. But they always say I do a really good job so that reinforces my belief that BPs are soooo brilliant that subpar work from us is illustrious by "normal" standards.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha

Closed Thread