It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 11:55 PM   #1
(female)

Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia - check it out online - it is amazing!
jephiner HB User
Middle of the night and nowhere else to go....

Hi.....
I am awake in the middle of the night - again *sigh* I don't know what to say except I don't know whether this is a symptom of bipolar II ( I am new to (this diagnosis) but has been a constant problem for me. I am so frustrated because I do so poorly when I don't sleep and I do daycare so it is important that I cope well. I am now so worried about not sleeping that I am worked up even more. When will the world run on my timetable? I am having a hard time in a lot of ways but I just wanted to say that I am really happy that this place exists - it has been incredibly helpful not only to get information - but to just feel like there is somewhere to go where I am understood - it makes me feel so much better. Thanks all...even if you are sleeping *L*
Jen

Old 07-06-2005, 12:13 AM   #2
(female)

singsong HB User
Re: Middle of the night and nowhere else to go....

Well, well! Another night owl! I woke up at 1:30am and have been online ever since!

YEP. Sleep disturbances are a major part of BP and need to be told to your doctor because they can indicate a period of mania or hypomania is coming up. I rarely do not sleep through the night now with the good meds I'm on but it took awhile to get them right. Pls tell your doc asap so you can get a good nights rest. I can remember days when I was sleeping about 2 hrs and was so IRRITATED that everyone else was sleeping because I was bored!

I fell asleep very early yesterday and did NOT take my evening meds so here I am talking to you. Maybe not a coincidence, heh? When I used to get really depressed I could sleep for 12-14 hrs and at o ne point thought I would become part of my couch if I didn't get up. Very scarey time that was. Well, you'll be OK, call your pdoc and let him know you are exhausted and can't get rest. It's VERY common but a royal pain the ***!!!!!!!!

God Bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
(female)

Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia - check it out online - it is amazing!
jephiner HB User

thank you for the reply singsong - I am starting to get weary so will be trying again in the next couple of minutes - but it was so nice to have a message from a friendly voice....I don't have a psychiatrist yet- I have been waiting for the last week or so - here in canada you have to wait to get a referral from the gp - and then when they call you you can go see them. I am waiting with baited breath - that is for sure.... Well - here I go again and I hope sleep comes to you also! thanks again...Jen

Old 07-06-2005, 05:48 AM   #4
(female)

singsong HB User

Yes, a good pdoc is CRITICAL for you. Sleep disturbances are a MAJOR indicator of BP problems. Hang in there. He/she will fix you up and you will be able to get the rest you need to feel better. So cool, a real live Canadian! (Just kidding!) The internet is great the way we can just zip thru to one another! Keep on writing and I'll look for your posts.

BE WELL, FRIEND

Old 07-06-2005, 08:51 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

Absolutely! Inability to sleep is a common symptom of hypomania. Are you taking any medication? This should help even out your sleeping patterns, but remember, in people with BD, they must stay on a strict sleeping schedule, going to bed at the same time every night, or they could inadvertently spark another manic episode...
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 07-06-2005, 03:45 PM   #6
(female)

jephiner HB User

*L* I couldn't help but giggle about the Canadian thing - it seems that all I know is Canadians....*S*.......where the heck are all the Americans???

I appreciate the information - I really had no idea that sleep disturbances is a sign of bipolar....everything just keeps making more and more sense!!!

Jen

Closed Thread