It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia - check it out online - it is amazing!
jephiner HB User
what does the beginning of hypomania feel like???

Hi There - I'm new - newly diagnosed as bipolarII - and am not on medication yet - I am trying to keep track of my moods and learn the "warning signals" I have had a bit of stress in my life lately - and have tried to be very slow and gentle w/ myself. I have been having a hard time sleeping the last 2 days and today I feel a bit "giddy" - and with little surges sometimes - like I could somehow jump out of my skin...is this the beginning of a hypomania episode? How can I tell whether I am a rapid cycler or not? Um...thanks for the help..and for being here...this place has been so vital for me so far....really..thanks...
Jen

The following user gives a hug of support to jephiner:
AirieJynx (12-09-2010)
Old 07-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
Re: what does the beginning of hypomania feel like???

Inability to sleep and a "giddy" feeling could very well be hypomania. Also, watch to see if you're more talkative, start getting involved in more things, and if you feel sexier than usual. Colors may seem brighter and sounds more intense as well.
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 02:23 AM   #3
(female)

Niquil HB User

Howdy Jephiner, I'm hitting hypomania at the moment. Feels GOOOOD! But yeah I know I'm supposed to try to slow down. Warning signs for me are sponteneity. Going from one thing to another without finishing the first. Getting easily sidetracked. Feeling wired. And probably the worst, Not caring about consequences. Saw my T today and I'm supposed to make an effort to do CALM things. Seven hours later I'm still in 'express'' mode. But man have I accomplished alot. Why can't I feel like this all the time? Trying not to think of the crash later on down the line when the train finally derails. Is this helpful? I hope so.

Niquil

Old 07-07-2005, 04:23 AM   #4
(female)

fiesty_leo HB User

I feel that in the early stages of hypomania I often disregard warning signs and have no compulsion to act on them because things are great and I see no need to do anything...until the train gets de-railed, that is, to steal a phrase from Niquil. My first warning sign is often what I call my 'party mood'-going out drinking night after night, and not stopping until I've passed out, thrown up or ran out of money. I love shopping at the best of times, but when I'm hypomanic it's like I'm going Christmas shopping. I'm a freelance writer, and become extremely productive when hypomanic and the ideas are flowing. And there are other things too but I didn't sleep last night so can't think of them .

Closed Thread