It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 08:42 AM   #1
(female)

Location: Okanagan Valley British Columbia - check it out online - it is amazing!
jephiner HB User
Helpful Books

Hello All....I have more questions *L* - I know - big surprise. I am going to buy some books regarding bipolar - I am looking for ones that are particularly helpful to someone w/ bipolar II and also books that are extremely up to date on medications (it doesn't have to be in the same book of course) Could you let me know what you think???? Thanks for the help....
Jen

Old 07-07-2005, 08:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User
Re: Helpful Books

I may be butchering some of these titles but hopefully it's enough for you find it:

The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide
The Natural Medicine Guide to Bipolar Disorder (takes a holistic stance, but actually talks quite a bit about the chemical imbalances and what the popular meds are attempting to do. has a lot on nutrition too if you're interested)

I have tons more but I can't think of what they say right now. I get back to you when I get home from work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User
Re: Helpful Books

Reesie's right- The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide is definitely the best on the market! I read it to help understand bipolar disorder (even though I don't have it), and it explains everything easily and has all that you need to know about BD from meds, to symptoms, to how to tell people about it. Good luck!
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Closed Thread