It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
(female)

fiesty_leo HB User
very unhappy

Hi all, I have a question (similar to another post I made). I had a meeting with my 'caseworker' the other day and tried to have a chat about things, and I said that I have issues I want to talk about and she goes "well you can write down a list of your triggers then talk to your mother about the other stuff" Later on in the appointment, she cut me off mid-sentence (didn't even wait for me), looked at her watch and goes "Ok, that's enough!" Made me feel very uncomfortable, as though I was wasting her precious time and was an imposition on her. I'm not sure if it was the fact that she's German and there MAY possibly have been a language issue (as at other points she didn't quite get what I was trying to explain), or if she's just a ***** . Here's where I need help. If y'all were in my situation would you try and sort things out with her, complain to someone about her or just ditch the public health system altogether, do things privately and go broke again?

Old 07-08-2005, 04:26 AM   #2
(female)

Niquil HB User
Re: very unhappy

That's easy. I would ditch her and the public health system and Go broke. I know this is what I would do because it is what I have done. My health is the most valuable thing I have. If I have to go broke to look after it, it seems better than being rich and being a wreck and maybe doing something that will hurt me or somebody else. (Which is where I was heading at a fair rate of knots.) But I think it depends on your circumstances. I'm on the dole but am very thrifty with money so I can make it work. It is one thing to be go broke but completely different to be in debt and then 'trouble'.
You have to do what is best for YOU>

Niquil

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2005, 09:26 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

terrienne HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiesty_leo
Hi all, I have a question (similar to another post I made). I had a meeting with my 'caseworker' the other day and tried to have a chat about things, and I said that I have issues I want to talk about and she goes "well you can write down a list of your triggers then talk to your mother about the other stuff" Later on in the appointment, she cut me off mid-sentence (didn't even wait for me), looked at her watch and goes "Ok, that's enough!" Made me feel very uncomfortable, as though I was wasting her precious time and was an imposition on her. I'm not sure if it was the fact that she's German and there MAY possibly have been a language issue (as at other points she didn't quite get what I was trying to explain), or if she's just a ***** . Here's where I need help. If y'all were in my situation would you try and sort things out with her, complain to someone about her or just ditch the public health system altogether, do things privately and go broke again?
From Gee Gee...., Hi ! Friend,
Some of these Doctors never cease to amaze me..., I just don't understand.
I truly don't know what I would do in your situation, however, please try
not to give up.

Keep on keeping on, searching for things to do in a positive way, if you can...,
I wish there was something I could say to make things better for you..,

At least you know that you can come here, and find some answers to you
questions,
and hopefully find someone else who has been or is going through
your same pain.

Remember..., ' When you think you are at the end of your rope,
tie an knot in the darn thing, and HANG ON ' !!!!

Take Care.., and keep in touch...,
Gee Gee

Old 07-08-2005, 02:57 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User

Hey Leo

I agree with Niquil - i went through years of idiots on the NHS, went private and haven't looked back. Is expensive and is difficult to afford - I don't drink or smoke, I rarely go out, we don't buy new clothes, expensive gifts etc but..............I am genuinely healthier than I've ever been (and that's largely down to a really good therapist) plus I'm well enough now to start looking for work again - I was told 18 months ago that I'd never be stable enough to hold down a regular job. I see it as an investment in my future and a safeguard for my little boy - I need to be well to take care of him, and I don't care how much it costs to achieve it. A therapist who makes you feel like you're taking up her precious time (what about your time? Is that not important too? Their attitude is incredible!!).

Good luck mate - let us know how you're getting on

Picali x

Old 07-08-2005, 07:45 PM   #5
(female)

fiesty_leo HB User

Thanks all for your help and support It's much appreciated. I have a very supportive family and great friends, but there's a difference between support and understanding
Niquil, are you from Australia too? I wondered if you were when you mentioned 'the dole' lol.

Closed Thread