It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
Inactive

goofyafter2 HB User
? about sleepiness

I now get these "spells" throughout the day where I just nod off (at work or driving-YIKES) and then I startle awake and I am just so tired that I can't stay awake. So I keep doing it for a short time. Then after a while I am fine like before and awake as I was to begin with.

Anyone else??

Old 07-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User
Re: ? about sleepiness

Sounds similar to narcolepsy but you don't seem to completely knock out. I only have this problem during mornings within 4 hours or waking up and going to work. But no that I think about it when I was taking geodon in the mornings withing 2 hours of taking it I would nod of for a few seconds no matter what I was doing. I stayed awake more in thecar because I fought it so hard but when i got to work I often fell onto my desk and stayed out for up to half an hour. Are you maybe taking something with a sedative effect in the mornings?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

weasel HB User
Re: ? about sleepiness

funny you should mention that....that recently started with me, and the scary part is that i drive for my job. i find it mostly happens on the really long boring drives. there is one stretch of highway in particular. scary as hell.... and sometimes it has to do with the time of day.like sometimes, regardless of my sleep or wake time the night/morning before, at like 3 or 4 in the afternoon i find myself just not being able to stay awake. this happened pre-medication, and it happens to a friend of mine too. who knows.

Closed Thread