It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
(male)

ricrokrol HB User
Neurotin info?

I was wondering if anyone on here takes Nurotin for a mood stabilzer and if so does it work good for you. I lso am wondering if it helps you sleep(I need that s a side effect)

Old 07-12-2005, 06:55 AM   #2
(female)

Derangea HB User
Re: Neurotin info?

Hello ricrokrol,

I am currently on 1200mg of Neurontin a day. I was at 1800mg but that just wiped me out completely. And yes it does help you sleep. Chemically, what it does is slow down the brain. So sometimes you feel dizzy or just zone out, sometime it has a sedating effect depending on how much you take. I had to go down to a lower dosage because I have to drive alot and I always found myself falling asleep while driving which was really scary. WIth my current experience with it, it has really messed up my concentration. WHen I have to pay attention to detail, I can't. So now I'm still on Neurontin but going on Lamictal as well, and as soon as that kicks in I'm slowly going off the Neurontin. I was also on Neurontin twice in the past and it always affected me the same way. But it may work for some. While taking it just keep in mind how it is actually affecting your brain chemistry and what it will do. I didn't find it helping with my mood swings. I wouldn't get angry but I was still get bad anxiety and depression. Just make sure you keep youself monitored, maybe keep a mood chart. Keep us updated and good luck!

-Derangea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2005, 02:20 AM   #3
(male)

ricrokrol HB User
Re: Neurotin info?

Thx for the info, curious you said it did help you sleep, thats what I need. Did you mostly take it at bed timr. You said it did'nt help with mood swings, but you won't angry. I am a bipolar who gets angrily easily, not violent but easily pizzed off.

Closed Thread