It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2005, 06:37 AM   #1
(female)

singsong HB User
Hearing Decisions Set at 2.4 months in PA

BP=Disability

I just got off the phone with S/S and asked if there had been a decision on my hearing of May 26th yet. I know this is early, but I have read that it does happen to some folks! The answer was "No decision yet" but the caseworker checked on some private mystery data and told me that 2.4 months, or about 75 days, is the time these things are being completed.

I am confused though and should have asked her this. I was denied once when I applied via paper and just had the hearing/attorney scenario. Is this the reconsideration stage or do I have to get denied again?

I wanted to share this info with you guys and logged on right after I talked to her. I know no one out there believes such dates are written in stone, but it is a tidbit of hope in this dark process! Even if it turns out to be pretend!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2005, 06:44 AM   #2
(female)

Derangea HB User
Re: Hearing Decisions Set at 2.4 months in PA

I'm a little confused. Are you applying for something is Pennsylvania? Because thats where I am from too and I recently went through OVR to see if I was eligible for grant money towards schooling. Is that sort of the same thing you are talking about? Because they told me I wouldn't know for at least 60 days because it has to go through Harrisburgh.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #3
(female)

singsong HB User

No, Derangea. I applied for Soc Sec Disability. Please tell me about what is available to you in PA from OVR regarding school. I recently applied for the Pell Grant and got it, but I flip back and forth so much I can't decide on courses. I just thought this would help me to get back on my feet, but now I am really worried because I had not wanted S/S to last for the rest of my life.

I have some college (English, journalism) and 4.0s in them, now I can't decide on something that I could immediately use right out of Community College (vocation).

Also, pls tell me about the 60 day wait. When I called about it my caseworker was snippy and said she would mail me the list (5 days ago and still not here).

Thanks for responding!

Old 07-13-2005, 03:02 AM   #4
(female)

Soniarose59 HB User

Singsong,
If you have had a hearing before the ALJ (judge) then that is it. Now you wait for that decesion. Some states do not have the reconsideration. Where I live, Michigan, is one. I wish you the best. You will probably get since you had an atty. I am waiting on my hearing date. Cross your fingers for me! I need that hearing soon!
Sondra

Old 07-13-2005, 03:45 AM   #5
(female)

singsong HB User

SonjaRose: I will hope for you and a good outcome. I am worried because I (like 99%) of us are broke and exhausted from this process. I wake up often in the hours of the wolf (3AM-5AM) with severe panic attacks about my situation. I had thought about finishing my degree but I can't choose courses without changing my mind the next day! I do WANT to work again so I was looking into that option. Right now, I just feel numb and full of fear.

Anyhow, too much about me. I pray for you and all of us. We know we are not lazy as some folks would have us believe. That is very painful when someone says "why don't you just get a job?" to end your financial woes.

Be well and stay strong in the fight!

Closed Thread