It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
(female)

x2muchpain2take HB User
Exclamation whats wrong with me?

i was diagnosed with bp over a year ago and my psychiatrist put me on wellbutrin xl (150mg). i was doing really good for a long time. then a few months ago i noticed i was getting depressed alot and i was having many symptoms again that i havnt had in a long time. i told my psychiatrist and he bumped up my script to 300mg and i talk to my psychologist more. i was doing really good again. . . . . then this past 2 weeks it has been really bad. i have hardly been able to eat or sleep, i cry alot, i stay in my room most of the day (when i dont have to work), i dont want to see my boyfriend (and i usually see him everyday), i even cut again. can anyone help me? i dont know why this is happening again.

Old 07-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #2
(female)

Zbaby HB User
Re: whats wrong with me?

Are you also taking a mood stabilizer? Any AD without a mood stabilizer can actually make you worse. It can make you feel great for a short time, then leave you lower than you would be during a usual depressive cycle. Sad but true. BP cannot be treated w/ one AD the way unipolar depression can.

Make sure your p-doc knows about your recent change in stability and ask about mood stabilizers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2005, 04:44 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User
Re: whats wrong with me?

ZBaby gives good advice. Also wondered if you've been covering any tough stuff in therapy? I can have real downturns for no apparent reason - my responses are often quite delayed so it can be relating to something that we talked about in therapy quite some time before. It may be something from your past that's triggering this now. Might be worth going through any big things you've been talking about to see if something there might have triggered it?

Let us know how you're doing xx

Closed Thread