It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2005, 05:42 AM   #1
(female)

Derangea HB User
What I've Learned At My Psychological Evaluation Lastnight

For the past three weeks I've been going to have pychological and neurological tests done on me, once a week, in 3 hour sessions. I'm finally finished. My doctor is really good in his field. He knows so much about brain chemistry and he seems to know more (and tell me more) about medications than my normal psych doctor, but he doesn't have a medical degree so he can't prescribe anything which is a shame. But he;s good to consult.

Anyway, he was telling me about the brain, and how bipolar disease has now been proven to affect the brain in certain places, which could be from genes, congenital, or just gradually grow that way because of experiences and information of emotional distress being stored in the brain incorrectly. {REMOVED}

My tests are going to continue throughout the rest of the summer and he's going to try some newer techniques on me to almost "defragment" my brain so it will be easier to work through issues and maybe even use my mood charts to see patterns and predict when mood changes will occur. It was a very interesting study. If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer, I'll be on most of the day.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-22-2005 at 05:48 AM. Reason: You agreed to the posting rules when you registered to use this website, please don't complain about them in your posts. Also don't post links to websites that contain messages forums or chat rooms.

Old 07-22-2005, 06:01 AM   #2
(female)

Derangea HB User
Re: What I've Learned At My Psychological Evaluation Lastnight

{REMOVED} I still have my MRI shots I had done 2 years ago, that I never gave back (shhhhh) and there is this speck in the exact part of my brain where bipolars are affected. And the neurologist that I had at the time didn't know what it meant but just told me to have another MRI done in a few years to check up on it, but after learning what I've learn, I think I now know what it is thankfully.

Last edited by ms_mod; 07-22-2005 at 06:05 AM. Reason: No longer applies, in response to part of a post that was removed due to violation of the posting rules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
(female)

kittyy HB User

Thats inersting about the MRI I am suppost to be getting one in the near future , aaahhhh I do not want to, I feel like I am going to have a tumor or something. Although I do hope it is something elce ( thyroid ,whatever) ( even though I know its not that because I just had that done at my physical this year) I just want my life back you know being able to go out and put some back play pool have a good time , unfourtunatly I don't know how to have fun with out drinking , so I have now resorted to smoking ( which really isn't my thing , but it is the only thing I can do) wow sorry I just went off . Oh ya I noticed you are on alot are you able to hold a job or go to school? ( I can't) ~ Kittyy

Old 07-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #4
(female)

Derangea HB User

What are you getting the MRI's for?

And yes I can go to school and work. Thats about the only thing I can do. When it comes to interpersonal relationships though, or just doing anything with myself, thats when I start to lose it. Its like I'm afraid to face myself. At school and work I lose myself and not think about anything personal. Thats the only reason I can do it.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:59 AM   #5
(female)

kittyy HB User

The MRI is to make sure that I really am bipolar and I don't have any other neurological problem that could be causing my thoughts and behaviours ( my doc. says he is 99% sure that I don't have a neurological prob. thouogh he says there would be other things along w/ it)

Old 07-22-2005, 02:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

I always wanted to get an MRI or PET done to see if I really do have increased activity in the frontal orbital cortex, basal ganglia, and caudate nucleus because of my OCD. I see all of these PET scans that show "regular brain" and "obsessive-compulsive brain" and I think it would be neat to get that done. Neuropsychology just fascinates me!
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 07-25-2005, 05:33 AM   #7
(female)

Derangea HB User

I think everyone should get an MRI done, because I just look at the shots and think to myself, "wow, thats my brain. Thats whats really going on inside my head."

Closed Thread