It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2005, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

MikeysWifey0316 HB User
Triggers...

Hi Everybody! I'm back!!! Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I just got back from a short, mandatory vacation from the boards. But all is well now!!!
I have a question. I think I've figured out what one of my depressive triggers is.... do you think that is a good thing? I seem to be dwelling on it, and its kind of bumming me out..... I can't seem to stop thinking about it. (I know, some one with depressive/manic tendancies obsessing over something? Sounds unbelievable! haha )
I guess I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on this, and how I can stop focusing on specific things... if it's possible.
Oh, and I have good news. I got approved for FMLA, which means I can take time off if I need to, and it won't count against me and my sick time will cover my doc appts, which it didn't before. So that is good news.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
(female)

Good Grief! HB User
Re: Triggers...

YEY! FMLA!!! That gave me the chance to get into a hospital and get help!! Good thing I qualified for FMLA as they kept me in the hosp for 3 months!!

Obsessing about depressive triggers...hmmmm As hobbies go, I'm not sure it's going to catch on! I thin its good to learn all we can about ourselves and our triggers, so long as we have some BALANCE. Thinking about WHAT depresses you may just send you right into a depression. So balance the negative with positive thought! I have a 'Pat on the Back' folder on my PC. I stash things Im proud of there, compliments, photos, contest entries ok and I stash jokes there too!! When I begin to 'assess' myself and my short comings I will always go to my POTB folder for a quick ego booster!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

MikeysWifey0316 HB User

GG! - Obsessing as a hobby! What a great idea!!! They should have a "mental olympics".... where we can compete in our obsessive behaviors... hehe sorry, just kidding. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself. I guess this whole obsessing over triggers and moods and stuff is more for me to work on w/ my new therapist. Which I think will work out well. She has picked up on stuff that I didn't even admit to. Hopefully this is treatable as well. I think that I have mild OCD.... woohoo... Just add it to the growing list!!! I have my first psychiatrist appt in September... he's gonna be thrilled with the list I come up with by then!!!

Old 07-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

Hey i really love your posts mikeyswife my husband actually printed one of yours out to let me know that till death us part still stands even though i freak out on him alot. Just wanted you to know that. My doc also told me that i had OCD and that depressed me in itself cause i didnt know if i was ever going to figure out what was wrong with me. I have come to learn that obsessing is just part of it. I would like to know how long have you and mikey been married. I've been diagnosed with bipolar 1 for almost 2 years and i'm just now tring to figure out how to help myself and help my husband deal with this. Any suggestions? And to you GOODGRIEF Is that folder thing like a scrap book for your computer? If so I wish i knew about this site along time ago!!!!!

Old 07-26-2005, 07:20 PM   #5
(female)

MikeysWifey0316 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrl1337
Hey i really love your posts mikeyswife my husband actually printed one of yours out to let me know that till death us part still stands even though i freak out on him alot. Just wanted you to know that. My doc also told me that i had OCD and that depressed me in itself cause i didnt know if i was ever going to figure out what was wrong with me. I have come to learn that obsessing is just part of it. I would like to know how long have you and mikey been married. I've been diagnosed with bipolar 1 for almost 2 years and i'm just now tring to figure out how to help myself and help my husband deal with this. Any suggestions? And to you GOODGRIEF Is that folder thing like a scrap book for your computer? If so I wish i knew about this site along time ago!!!!!
Hey babygrl! Welcome to the boards! I'm really glad that you like my posts... I just try to write what is going on and what I feel, and I hope it will help someone out there!!! Mikey and I have been married for 3 1/2 years. We met on the internet 6 years ago. I've always had problems with depression and anxiety (as the doctors called it)... but didn't get the bipolar diagnosis til recently. And, really, I haven't gotten the diagnosis. I actually found the word in my chart a couple of months ago from my former doc. So, I'm going to a psychiatrist in September (or hopefullly sooner) to hopefully get a word for all of this crap I go through. I would say I feel okay about 80% of the time... sometimes I'm pretty wound up... or slightly manic. But I don't have full blown mania. The part that bothers me the most is the depressive states. I had a breakdown a couple weeks ago, and haven't had one since. After that I was pretty tired for a day or two... then I went into a really hyper mood... talking a lot, hypersexual (mikey always loves those spurts haha), and more ambitous. Now, I'm just tired in general. I don't know if I'm slipping down again, I hope I'm not. But, I've been pretty quiet and feel like I'm extra sensative. So who knows.
But anyways, now that I've rambled on and on... I'm glad you and your hubby are working through this. It's tough, and I haven't found any real tricks to help my Mikey out. BUT, my therapist did give me a worksheet last week. It is a list of things that I want Mikey to do (and not do) when I get like that... Basically it would be kind of like making a game plan. I haven't filled it out yet, but Mikey seemed to think it would really help. I guess the more they can learn the better they will be able to help us. I would say a search online for something like that would help. Or, if you are in therapy, asking your counselor. But anyways, I think I'm gonna go to bed...
Take care and talk to ya later.
xoxoxox

Old 07-26-2005, 07:41 PM   #6
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

yea the depressive days suck......I'm depressed alot of the time but when i feel "GOOD" I feel like running around the house a couple of times. Are you taking meds for bipolar or just the depression. I was diagnosed with major depression when i was 16 but i hated the doc so i stopped going and after i got off the drugs i knew i had to go again before i done something stupid. That's when i was diagnosed bipolar 1 but, whats weird is after they told me that they told me i may have ocd. WHO KNOWS!!! I don't think i have anything more than bipolar and the obsession is part of that..... I am on lithium for bp, wellbutrin for depression, and klonipin for anxiety. And it was helping but everyday that goes by it seems to work very little for me. I have been thinking about getting off the meds cause i dont think anything will take this away. I just need to learn how to deal with it. Sorry for making this so long i just thought i would get it off my chest.
Thanks for writting back it helps to know that someone is listening......

Old 07-27-2005, 08:53 AM   #7
(female)

MikeysWifey0316 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrl1337
yea the depressive days suck......I'm depressed alot of the time but when i feel "GOOD" I feel like running around the house a couple of times. Are you taking meds for bipolar or just the depression. I was diagnosed with major depression when i was 16 but i hated the doc so i stopped going and after i got off the drugs i knew i had to go again before i done something stupid. That's when i was diagnosed bipolar 1 but, whats weird is after they told me that they told me i may have ocd. WHO KNOWS!!! I don't think i have anything more than bipolar and the obsession is part of that..... I am on lithium for bp, wellbutrin for depression, and klonipin for anxiety. And it was helping but everyday that goes by it seems to work very little for me. I have been thinking about getting off the meds cause i dont think anything will take this away. I just need to learn how to deal with it. Sorry for making this so long i just thought i would get it off my chest.
Thanks for writting back it helps to know that someone is listening......
It's always good to get stuff out in the open. Right now I'm feeling crummy. Feel like I'm slipping down again. It's like I don't have control over what I do, which bothers me. I am currently only being treated for the depression. Which, in all honesty, I think is making things worse. I'm on Wellbutrin SR 150 mgs 2 X per day and 10mg of Lexapro 1 X per day. The Wellbutrin was recently increased, and I think it's starting to keep me up at night, so that sucks. I just keep calling the psychiatrist hoping for a cancellation. And, I hope he's nice. I trust my family doc, and she referred me to him. So we'll see. I just remember Finding Nemo... "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... just keep swimming swimming swimming"...

Old 07-27-2005, 01:06 PM   #8
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

When they diagnose me with depression i was on EVERY and i do mean every depression pill out there and they worked for like a day and bam i was the same ol me. You really need to get on mood stabilizers cause from what you wrote me i don't think the depression pills are doing you any justice. Yea nemo shhhhheeeewww iv'e seen it billions and billions of times. Stay strong and always remember as much as you think he doesn't your husband loves you. And if he's been around this long he will help you.

Closed Thread