It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User
Cool Happiness in Hawaii!

I am a wife of a military man and we live in Hawaii. I have been here for about 5 months. I'm assuming that everyone who doesn't live here would love to be in this tropical paradise. I thought coming here would HELP with everything going on with me but, when i got here my way of thinking and my way of dealing with stuff never changed. I just want to see this place as someone without this "DISEASE" would see it. I don't think anyone here knows where im coming from but, i really would like some advice. I'm not saying this place is just aboslutly horrible cause it's not. My husband and my child is here i couldn't ask for anything more.....well yea i could ask for more and i do everyday.....and now im asking you all.... How can i see things differantly,and open my eyes to this new experence?

Old 07-28-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

Good Grief! HB User
Re: Happiness in Hawaii!

No matter where you go, there you are!

BP's are very sensitive, creative people. If you let it, that sensitivity and creativity will show YOU a Hawaii that the norms will never see!

Going out on a limb here...IMHO
It sounds as though you are very angry about being BP. I would guess that its the ANGER and NOT the BP that keeps you from truely enjoying Hawaii. Try to open your heart to YOU, accept that you HAVE BP rather than you ARE BP, we are all so much MORE than BPs. BiPolar is a condition NOT a species, its simply a PART of who you are.

Back on safe ground again...

I LOVE Hawaii! And am positively GREEN with 'scratch your eyes out' envy! Good to get that off my chest!
Get out there and ENJOY!!! THOSE are YOUR orders!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 07:03 PM   #3
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User
Re: Happiness in Hawaii!

Thanks and yes i am angry but i dont think its about being bipolar. I knew i was bipolar before the doc told me. I have come to live with that. I really think it's something way deep inside. Getting help with that monday. I think its more that some people make it harder on me than it really is. Do you understand that? I am so paranoid all the time and that's the hardest thing for me to live with. Ok before i start getting into detail I'll just say thanks and it really puts a smile on my face to know that people are going through this with me. oh where do you get your humor ... I love your posts thanks....

Closed Thread