It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
(female)

Good Grief! HB User
Talking Progress Report! Help! I've sprung a motivational leak!!

(This is a progress report on a motivation challenge. For more info view Motivation...maybe... @ [url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=307516)[/url]

Ok folks. My progress is..umm...weeell...slow. It is so much easier to TALK about DOING than it is to DO it.

I am living in an organizational black hole! Every where I turn here at home there is at LEAST 10 things screaming for attention. It is SO hard to stay FOCUSED on the five wee things on my 2 lb To Do List.

Although... I got one doctor set up this week, not a Pdoc but my endo. So my thyroid meds have been adjusted. One more day to get the Pdoc set up! I will do it!

Also...my kitchen HAS been a rather pleasant place lately. It's the only room that is NOT filled with boxes spilling their contents!

Aaaaand.....!
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

I GOT my Kk's bacK!!

BUT, I have seriously neglected the boxes. THAT is SO overwhelming! I just freeze up and walk away every time even THINK about touching them...

And... I HAVE taken naps this week. I'm just so NOT motivated its REALLY hard to force myself. But...I'm gong to keep pushing just the same. I will NOT quit. Heck I JUST STARTED and already I have to talk myself out of quiting!!

Grrrrrr......... But I have until Sunday before I add two more things to do... hmmm. Maybe I'll add, 1. Eat Hagen Daze, Chocolate Chocolate Chip ice cream... 2. get a massage... Now THAT I could DO !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

twoeyez HB Usertwoeyez HB User
Re: Progress Report! Help! I've sprung a motivational leak!!

Go for it : Good Grief !

It is Great to have a "k" --but you my want to "k"eep it simple.
All the boxes will "open" for you if you "see" the focus. (don't rush it).

It's good to review your "mission", Yea, I know, and you know, you said, that a long time ago. Perhaps, you may want to consider giving yourself a "a big pat on the back". It may be a little more rewarding then all that C C C ice cream. (may not taste as good, but will last a lot longer !).

Hold On.

eyestwo22

Old 07-28-2005, 08:12 PM   #3
(female)

Good Grief! HB User

THANK YOU! Your first two lines read like a fortune cookie! Love it!!

Your right I DO need to review. Hmmm a pat on the back, definatly more rewarding than ice cream. But I definatly think the ice cream will last as long! I've already gained about 5 pounds just THINKING about it!!

Sometimes it is so easy to get discouraged by what I'm NOT doing, rather than encouraged by what I AM doing. Focus, focus, focus...

Old 07-29-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Good Grief !

I hope you did go back and review your very first post of this Thread. You really did say some great things about the positive direction of your life. You have started correcting your low motivation. You got a new "k", for one thing. You have not taken any "hide a way Naps" to fell guilty about. Sooooo,be kind to yourself and keep the motivation "weight training" UP !
You must have close to 5 "things to do " list completed by the end of this week ! And I "see" that you are really focued. You have the ability to be responsible, it just takes time to prove it to yourself.

Hold On.

Eyestwo22

Old 07-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #5
(female)

Good Grief! HB User

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I do get discouraged easily but reading a post like yours really boosts me! I SO need that!! And yes i did review my other thread. I even printed it out so I could refer to it when the need hits!

Holding On!!

Old 07-29-2005, 06:25 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Good Grief :

So glad that you printed out your own thread. Sometimes,we really don't give ourselves the credit we need to, when we know the right answers, we have shared with ourselves. Keep up with discovering all the"New Tools" in your life. Starting over after 15 years of "happy hell" is a challenge. I guess you just need to know that it's "all right" if you spring a leak in your motivation from time to time. We are all here to help you "plug" it up !

Hold On !

Eyestwo22

Old 07-29-2005, 06:33 PM   #7
(female)

*Mood Ring* HB User

Alrighttt thats my girl, now how about ya up it one notch and goooo for the gusto . Just do not over do it and throw your back outta whack . Happy motivation day, one step at a time!!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 07:41 PM   #8
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

What i did when i had to unpack stuff was put the clothes in the dryer on the bed instead of the clothes basket and i told myself "OK, I have to unpack 1 box before i can lay down, before i can lay down I have to do the laundry" and then i go smoke, drink a mountain dew all while im thinking about doing this stuff. Then I tell myself "the faster i get all this crap done i wont have to think about doing it". I had to move to and all the boxes huh it was horrible but I got them unpacked in like a month. So i guess it really worked for me. Something else that helped was, i dont know if your married or not, but i have a husband that loves the ps2 and i got so sick of watching him play it I just got up off the couch to clean just so i didn't have to watch him play that freakin thing. Now he has to tell me when he's done so i can stop cleaning. Just thought i'd let you know what works for me.... And your post about the list was a hit.....they always make me smile and hoooorrrraaaayyy you got a K...

Closed Thread