It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
(female)

kathryn00 HB User
Here's the scenario...

I was on Lithium and Abilify and I felt good. No side effects. I was exercising, I felt normal. But, I still could not form sentences. Then, I found out that I had EPS from the Abilify. So, I went off of that.

A week later I went on Lamictal. I was talking up a storm. But, I felt naseaous and generally bad at periods of time.

I wanted to try Cogentin to get rid of the EPS side effects and didn't want to try two new drugs at once. So, after 2 1/2 weeks on Lamictal, I went off of it, waited four days, and went on the Cogentin. The talking subsided. (I wasn't in a situation that required much talking.) The ill feelings did not.

So, I said the heck with this and went off of the Cogentin. With the idea that I felt good on the Lithium and Abilify. But without the Abilify.

So, now it's a week later and I still feel like crap.

Questions:

Did my increased talking come from the Lamictal or was it just a result of going off of the Abilify? Maybe it was just a flood of built up repression.

Can I feel sick from not being on an anti-psychotic? Can my brain make me sick?

Thank you for listening, all input will be greatly appreciated.

(I know, I shouldn't have started and stopped two medications within a short period of time.)

Last edited by kathryn00; 07-28-2005 at 09:27 PM. Reason: add something

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
new here,need advice,help danijell Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) 2 01-31-2010 09:15 PM
Brand new here and upset with my 'numbers'. Minxarella High Cholesterol 9 08-16-2008 07:55 AM
ILs staying w/ us after baby is born (DH wants them here, I wish they'd get a hotel) livinTX Pregnancy 13 11-06-2007 12:24 PM
Scenario Building/Building the Defense/Making a mountain out of a Molehill Sannah Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) 27 01-14-2007 07:13 AM
Since I'm pretty new here, I'd really like to get to know everyone a bit zosolizard Addiction & Recovery 4 10-29-2006 07:16 AM