It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
(female)

angelpixie38 HB User
Question I think my hubby is bi-polar

Hello e1,I am so tired and stressed going threw this with my husband of 24 years.About 5 years ago his personality started to change. no matter what he bought and he bought 2 vehicles and sex no matter what i did it wouldnt make him happy he would mope around like he lost his best friend. when he got something he wanted he was happy for a few days, (and made me sigh)but back to the same moping self. he got us into det due to his vehicle purchases and we filed bankruptsy and he has been on every kind of meds and his quack doc i dont think knows bipolar or how to reconize it.
now we have 2 new vehicles again and plan to mortgage our home its payed for and pay off both cars and buy another place and rent this out , i like that idea but another thing that drives me crazy he will be sitting atching tv but acts like he is outter space and takes remote and clicks on his knee over and over and over GOD I NEED HELP.i know its for until death do us part and in sickness and health but is there a line .
could you tell me if there are any meds out there for bipolar and does his symptoms sound familiar.
thanks so much

Old 08-03-2005, 04:11 AM   #2
(female)

Good Grief! HB User
Re: I think my hubby is bi-polar

Angelpixie,

Sounds like your having a rough time of it yourself! If you have insurance I would find a local therapist, someone who YOU can talk to, after all you can't help your husband if your all stressed out! If you do not have insurance then I would find a counseling center that offers pro-rated fee for counseling. It is very hard to determine if you husband is or is not bipolar. But its very easy to see that you are very concerned and very stressed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2005, 09:16 PM   #3
(female)

angelpixie38 HB User
Re: I think my hubby is bi-polar

Thanks for responding,
I have been really stressed my doc increased my anti depressant today . he has insurance but his doc is a quack . And he wont listen to me lol im hoping he will get help before i go balistic on him jk. im not that kind of person. MY sister is bipolar and i reconize some of the symptoms .Someone told me he might just be going threw the mans mid life crisis.
Thank you and tc.

Closed Thread