It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User
Obsessed?????

Hey all ...... Just need to ask a question....

Ok i started taking some classes a couple of weeks ago and i have been so obsessed with homework and studying...... It's like i don't want to do anything else...My house is a mess and the clothes are piled up...... I don't miss doing the laundry though..... I just don't understand how i can go from hating high school, always laying out and sleeping all the time, to being obsessed with it.....School has takin over my life. I know it's not a bad thing that im actually doing good at something I just don't understand how it happened.....
Also my doc just upped my meds to twice as much as i am taking now.... Does anyone think that my meds will afect the way i perform in school??? And i know this is way off the subject but on rock star INXS last night jordis rocked the house anyone else agree???

Old 08-06-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
(female)

Lil' Angel Eyes HB User
Re: Obsessed?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrl1337
Hey all ...... Just need to ask a question....

Ok i started taking some classes a couple of weeks ago and i have been so obsessed with homework and studying...... It's like i don't want to do anything else...My house is a mess and the clothes are piled up...... I don't miss doing the laundry though..... I just don't understand how i can go from hating high school, always laying out and sleeping all the time, to being obsessed with it.....School has takin over my life. I know it's not a bad thing that im actually doing good at something I just don't understand how it happened.....
Also my doc just upped my meds to twice as much as i am taking now.... Does anyone think that my meds will afect the way i perform in school??? And i know this is way off the subject but on rock star INXS last night jordis rocked the house anyone else agree???
Hi Babygrl,

Just wanted to say hi and say I've had that happen too, the crazy obsessions! Just be glad your's is a worthy one and hopefully it will last a long time. LOL. Much better to keep to studies than do laundry I would say. When on a high with lots of energy, I would focus on one thing and grind away at it until it was perfect, no matter what the project was. Everything else would fall by the wayside. So definitely know what you mean...So possibly yours is a mood high/high energy time or due to the doubled meds. Just a guess.

Sorry, have no idea about the meds and school, though so far looks like it would fall on the positive side! And as far as the rock star INXS, ermmm....I'm old. LOL. Haven't watched it. Enjoy girl!

Last edited by Lil' Angel Eyes; 08-06-2005 at 09:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #3
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

Thanks, I was wondering if anyone would post to this one...... I had school last night and the meds really didn't affect me...... Although this morning I had the urge to clean (on a saturday) geeeze what's gotten into me and in the morning none the less!!!!!

OHHHH and welcome to the boards!!!!! Hope you enjoy!!!

Always remember you can say want you want hear you don't need to hold your thoughts in...... and we don't know were you live so your good lol...... hope to hear from ya soon, JESSI!!!

Old 08-07-2005, 05:53 AM   #4
(female)

Lil' Angel Eyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrl1337
Thanks, I was wondering if anyone would post to this one...... I had school last night and the meds really didn't affect me...... Although this morning I had the urge to clean (on a saturday) geeeze what's gotten into me and in the morning none the less!!!!!

OHHHH and welcome to the boards!!!!! Hope you enjoy!!!

Always remember you can say want you want hear you don't need to hold your thoughts in...... and we don't know were you live so your good lol...... hope to hear from ya soon, JESSI!!!
Hey Jessi, thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I saw no replies to your post so I jumped on ya. LOL. And, I had something to say Sounds to me like you're just plain feeling good!!!! Wish you could come clean my house. I'd tell ya where I live! LMAO

Old 08-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #5
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

Yea well the urges to clean house doesn't come often but when they do I clean spotless......... but still don't do laundry Just wanted to know what type of bp do you have? Meds? How long have you been diagnosed..... how do you cope?

well talks to ya later JESSI!!!!

Old 08-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #6
(female)

Lil' Angel Eyes HB User

Hi Jessi,

I was first diagnosed with depression about 7 years ago and was treated for that long before the bipolar came out. That was only diagnosed about 2 years ago. I had symptoms long before that of course. I can relate things back to about the age of 17. Mine is classified as Bipolar II by my current pdoc, though long story short, I retrieved my old records from another doctor and there are some symptoms suggestive of schizoaffective disorder. I have researched this a bit, similiar to bipolar II but with a few different characteristics and hard to diagnose. But I have decided that the label doesn't matter, the treatments are pretty much the same so will concentrate on that.

I have been on many different meds--Prozac, Zyprexa, Effexor, Depakote, Lithium to name a few. I have found, like I'm sure many others have, that a cocktail works best for me (med mix). Currently I am on an anti-D, so yes, I am like a classic Bipolar II where a constant Anti-D is best for me. I am on Wellbutrin 400 mg. I also take Topamax 150 mg. for mood stabilization. My doc wanted me on Lamictal as well but I had a bad reaction to it. We're sort of waiting to see how i do just on these two. I also take Seroquel to sleep, just 25 mg.

Coping....well....I am actually doing okay presently. I work full time from home and am raising two young boys. If you asked me that last year though, I would have said, "Not coping well at all!" Meds help me very much.

There ya go....Guess you weren't expecting a novel, were ya? But ya got one. LOL

Angel

Old 08-09-2005, 07:12 AM   #7
(female)

princess2poles HB User

i noticed that you are on wellbutrin... is it wellbutrin xl? my family doc has me on that and i believe that when i go to see my pschy for the first time that my meds will be changed. just curious about the wellbutrin..

jen

Old 08-09-2005, 09:00 AM   #8
(female)

Lil' Angel Eyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess2poles
i noticed that you are on wellbutrin... is it wellbutrin xl? my family doc has me on that and i believe that when i go to see my pschy for the first time that my meds will be changed. just curious about the wellbutrin..

jen
Hi Princess, no, it's not the XL, just the plain Wellbutrin (Bupropion). I was originally on XL.

Angel

Old 08-09-2005, 10:21 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

NodiGoiterGirl HB User

Had to reply about Jordis
She totally rocks. I look forward to seeing her perform every week. I wish I had her confidence!
Nodi

Old 08-09-2005, 02:23 PM   #10
(male)

bipolarjon HB User

I hope you do not have mania, when i had mania the next thing was depression and not wanting to do anything, I had a few days in bed and my doc changed my meds some. I am new and getting out/music has help'd.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:40 PM   #11
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

About the wellbutrin i have both xl and xr or whatever just take the twice a day thing, neither of them help me of course I don't think anything will help the way i feel today....... pretty crappy......big argument with my husband last night was feeling good now ill be depressed and feeling like crap for i don't know how long....... yea jordis had me crying the other night, i even recorded it JESSI

Closed Thread