It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2005, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

miku500us HB User
Unhappy does this sound like bipolarism?

Everyday I have some sort of an episode where I will burst into tears or get really really happy over just some little things... also my friends are not liking being around me all the time although they are trying to help me because they never know what kind of mood swings I am going to have next. I am a very smart person although I do have a lot of trouble concentrating because I feel like I will not get whatever I am doing done in time so I just don't do it. I sometimes do really irrational things without thinking about them first.. actually I do this quite frequently. I recently got fired from my job because of my mood swings. I am able to control my emotions when I try really really hard to. But most of the time they are just way all over the place. I also get panic attacks sometimes. I just want to know whats wrong with me... help please! I am going to the doctor this afternoon and I really just want to get the problem out of my life! The reason why I think I might be bipolar is because one of my friends who has been around bipolar people her entire life says that I most to all of the symptoms. I am leaving for college in 4 days and I just want to figure out what is wrong with me before I go. I should also add that this has been going on my entire life so not just recently and it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I am leaving although this could be making it worse... how do you get drugs for bipolarism? do you have to see a psychaiatrist?

Last edited by miku500us; 08-08-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User
Re: does this sound like bipolarism?

It is a good idea to see a psychiatrist to get a correct diagnoses........ and seeing one will also help you deal with things easier....... I don't think your family practice doc can prescribe mood stabilizers for you...... and i think you do have a small trace of bp....cause if it's being going on all your life you wouldv'e made it a point to go to the doc to help calm things down......

Good luck and hope i could help........

Old 08-09-2005, 09:42 AM   #3
(female)

princess2poles HB User

i agree with babygirl. it is defintely great that you are going to the doctor. i hope they are able to find the right mix of meds for you to feel normal especially with college coming so soon...good luck with the dr visit... check back and let us know..
princess jen

Old 08-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #4
(female)

miku500us HB User

I am going to get an appointment with a psychiatrist in the town that is close to the college I am going to go to. I will keep you all posted on what happens.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #5
(female)

RachelGrace HB User

Yes, please see a doctor, and if you do have bipolar, make sure to get medicine. And make sure to tell the doctor if you are still having mood swings like that when on the medication. My friend has bipolar, and she was put on the wrong medication. The next thing we knew, she was in the hospital from attempted suicide. She's on a different medicine now, and doing fine, but it's still best to check for bipolar and that you are on the correct medicine.

I hope you find out what's wrong!

~Rachel

Closed Thread