It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

laurausesntexas HB User
Seroquel and wellbutrin but still very depressed

I am on seroquel 200 mg at bedtime (even though I took 300 mg the past two nights) and Wellbutrin XL 300 mg in the AM. I am still VERY depressed and don't like it at all. I don't see my pdoc until the 16th. I can't take being depressed. I think it's the seroquel and i'm tempted to just stop it. I would much rather be manic all the time than depressed sometimes. Of course when i'm manic I spend money like crazy that I don't have and never get any sleep because of the racing thoughts. Grrrrrrrr what to do. Anyone care to share experience with this combo or seroquel?

Old 08-09-2005, 07:03 PM   #2
(female)

princess2poles HB User
Re: Seroquel and wellbutrin but still very depressed

hi laura,

i am currently taking the wellbutrin xl 300mg. i have yet to see a pdoc..been seeing a family doc until i told them that i was having thoughts of death and that i thought lexapro wasnt working anymore.
did you have any side effects with wellbutrin?
and with the money spending thing.. i totally understand. i recently went through a divorce and had moved out an apartment. the only reason i kept a float was because of my constant relying on mom and dad. finally they told me it would be best if i just moved back home. and now it looks like the best thing for me is to let mom and dad take care of my finances until i get stabilized.
now that i have been rambling... has the doc let you know when to take all of your meds? maybe you could discuss with doc to adjust timing... maybe that would help?

well now that i have taken up an hour of your time...

Princess Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 07:32 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

reesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB Userreesie HB User
Re: Seroquel and wellbutrin but still very depressed

you may just need a different antidepressant. I've been seroquel for a loooong time and through many many different doses of it and was constantly depressed I finally got a new pdoc and she kept me on the seroquel and added the right AD and my depression lifted considerably.

Closed Thread