It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 09:05 AM   #1
(female)

AimeeS34 HB User
How long will it take...feel like I'm losing it.

I just started Lamictal two weeks ago and I'm anxious for a change. My pdoc said it could take up to eight weeks for the Lamictal to work. For those on Lamictal, how long before you felt it's effects? I know that everyone's body reacts different to different meds and it may take me the full eight weeks, more or less time. I guess I'm just grasping and wanting to hear that it didn't take a full eight weeks for EVERYONE to feel more stable.

I thought I was feeling pretty good. In two weeks, I have had only one crying spell and I have generally been feeling pretty upbeat. I have been feeling like I have been functioning at a more "normal" pace. You know, able to handle normal mom like stuff. I totally lost it all last night and felt like my skin was crawling. I had a million thoughts racing around in my head and I know that I was totally not making any sense. I was trying to tell my husband what I was feeling and it was just so difficult!! How do our loved ones put up with us? How many more breakdowns can I put him through?? I feel so paralyzed and so pathetic. I keep wondering am I just taking advantage of this new diagnoses, or am I really losing it. When I get this way, I just want to get in my bed and not come out...then I feel like I need to get up and do "something" because I can't sit still!!! This really sucks!!!

Sorry to ramble...just needed to vent...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User
Re: How long will it take...feel like I'm losing it.

I'm having the same problem but im on lithium.....and have been on it for almost two years.....So I think the meds aren't working and as for the lamictal give it alittle time and you might want to ask your doc about something to help you sleep...... Don't miss a dose of the lamictal cause you think it isn't working It will kick in soon..........About the hubby thing can't give you any advice about that cause I think the same way.....and i don't know how/why they put up with us......Just hang in there......

*JESSI*

Old 08-11-2005, 10:26 PM   #3
(female)

AimeeS34 HB User
Re: How long will it take...feel like I'm losing it.

Thank you Jessi!

I think I'm just having a pretty tough time with my new med. I just upped my dose yesterday, like my pdoc instructed, from 25mg to 50mg and I'm a walking zombie!! I almost feel like I am drunk...weird.

I guess the spouse issue must just be true love..."for better or worse", "in sickness and in health"...my DH is a wonderful man and he has been with me through so many ups and downs over the last 18 years. It sounds like your DH is also a very caring man!!

Again, thank you for your help...lord knows I need all I can get right now!!!

Amy

Closed Thread