It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User
Some good news!

Hi all

Just wanted to report on some good stuff in my life! One of my first ever postings on this board was about my family and how unsupportive they are and how difficult I find it being so near them when they won't help me. Loads of people replied, sadly many with the same problem, and lots of people advocated moving away from them, saying it had worked for them.

Well, after a lot of work, I have taken the plunge and secured myself a beautiful house in Devon (UK). I have friends there already so the transition will be much easier, it's a good four hours from my folks so there will be no more unannounced visits and I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. We move next weekend (as usual, I am doing everything on my own because everyone else is too 'busy' but I don't care this time!) and I can't wait.

So a big thankyou to all of those who have helped me out in recent months - I really feel like I am at the start of a new beginning and that I can leave some of the past behind me now.

Will update soon!

Picali x

Old 08-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
(female)

AimeeS34 HB User
Re: Some good news!

Wow, great news!! I wish you the best of luck in your new endeavor!!!

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

RagingRobin HB User

Wow! I can sure relate to the whole 'lack of family support' thing. I am nearly divorced and my kids and I have been stuck living with my cold, non-supportive mom for a year and a half. I have pretty much no relationship with all three of my siblings due to the fact that I was raped by my sisters husband when I was 15 and the entire family chose to basically sweep it under the rug and continue to accept him in the family, making me the outcast. It's very encouraging to hear your story. Thanks! Gives me hope that soon my kids and I will have our own new beginning.

Lotsa luck to ya......Robin

Old 08-13-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User

who ra! who ra! It's good to hear good news some times.

Mudhound

Old 08-13-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User

Thanks for the support guys - it's always nice to hear! Robin, my heart goes out to you - although I wasn't raped my step-father sexually abused me for fifteen years and, like your lot, the whole family knows and chose him over me (I even have three sisters like you - spooky, huh!). So I know how you are feeling and to have to live with your mum must be hard. I hope you get some resolution to this soon. I thought it was hopeless for a long time but it's all worked out really well - I think sometimes if things are meant to be they will work out even when it seems like there's no hope.

Love Picali x

Closed Thread