It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2005, 11:49 AM   #1
(female)

Witchmojo HB User
Checking in...

Hi to all. New here but couldn't see a newbies thread and can't be bothered to look right now so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong place.

My docs can't make up their minds whether I am bipolar or Cylothermic, tending towards the later currently. I've just moved house involving the usual leaving behind of friends (well friend as I only had one I cared about) and I'm feeling pretty rough right now. Rapid mood swings, many tears. Well I don't need to spell it out for you do I? Just wanted some contact with people who understand and came across this board. I'm hoping to find some positives in amongst all the negatives I have to deal with every day. Guess it's worse because my best friend is going away for a week and I'm going to have no one I can call if I need support.

Sorry, waffling on. I get that way Anyway, I'll be haunting the board and seeing how it works and what helpful info I can find.

Mojo

Old 08-13-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

twoeyez HB Usertwoeyez HB User
Re: Checking in...

Hi Mojo :

Welcome to the board. We all started out with a very first post.

Your pdocs,hopefully, will make a Dx soon with your symptoms. Cylclothymic Disorder and Bipolar Disorder appear to be the same,except that the mood swings have not occured with a Major Manic and Major Depressive Episode in the Cylcolthymic Disorder. The important thing is that your awear that you are responding to some "triggers" in your life (moving and friends). This is a postive thing,in that you are awear of your moods. True, thay are difficult to deal with at the present time. No one likes being alone. But again, you are trying to do somthing postive by coming to this board for support. And believe me, you will receive it from this board !

Looling forward,from a postive point of view, once your pdoc has given a final Dx,than medications can be started to give you that goal toward "stability".
And you will find that you are able to deal with the"triggers" that can be the causes of your mood swings.

Good Luck, and Hold On

Eyestwo22

Last edited by twoeyez; 08-13-2005 at 12:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 01:23 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

RagingRobin HB User

Hi Mojo, I'm new too and am also quite challenged in the friend department. I always thought I had major depression cuz I was so sad ALL the time, but I was recently diagnosed with bipolar due to the major mood swings and out of control behavior. I started on lamictal a few weeks ago, but before it started working I went out with my friend and several of her other friends and got completely smashed. I became enraged at what "normal" people would consider a minor thing and I totally flipped out on her. Next thing I knew I was spending the night in jail for public intoxication and was at rock bottom once again. I've called several times and tried to talk to her (she lives 2 hrs away), but she wants nothing to do with me now. Guess I can't blame her, huh? It's so heart-breaking, cuz she's been my best friend for 16 yrs and I ruined it. Now I have absolutely nobody to turn to. Anyway, sorry to ramble on about my own troubles (I tend to do that a lot, too). Just wanted to let you know that I can relate and to tell you to keep your chin up!

Take care......Robin :-)

Old 08-13-2005, 03:25 PM   #4
(female)

Witchmojo HB User

Thank you. Sometimes its just a little hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Due to the move and changing doctors i have to go through the whole assessment process again and the way I feel right now it's going to be a real effort to even bother going to the appointment. (A little tired of going over the same things again and again for the last 20+ years!) It's good to know there is a place like this where we can come for support. Although I have a partner and kids I can't look to them as my partner just can't get a grip on the problem (and he has tried to his credit but he has never known anyone like me) and who wants to dump this sort of thing on the kids!!! Not me I know. So no doubt I'll be back here off-loading and looking for both support and help when it all gets too much. At least i know you all understand!

Closed Thread