It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User
Need advice about Klonopin......

I know some of you all are prescribed to klonopins so I need your help...but if your not your advice is helpful too!!

I am supposed to take 1; 5 mg klonopin 2-3 times a day or as needed, but i only take one every 2 or 3 days, but i take it a couple of hours before we go to bed so i can fall asleep...... I feel so much better when i take them and my husband doesn't mind it either The bad thing is they make me forget things that I usually remember.....My memory isn't good anyway so you can imagine what thats like .....I have a family now and I am trying to better myself all while dealing with the illness...... but in the back of my head I think, what if 10 years down the road I still need them to be happy" but I won't be able to get off them then, I'll be one of those soccer moms that are addicted to narcotics and I'll have to appear on the Dr. Phil show just to get off them...... So do I take them and maybe get addicted, to be happy, or do I keep putting my family through HecK and keep doing what im doing which is making everyone miserable including myself????? Thanks to all and to all a good night

*Jessi*

Last edited by babygrl1337; 08-14-2005 at 03:23 AM.

Old 08-14-2005, 03:23 AM   #2
(female)

kimber lee HB User
Re: Need advice about Klonopin......

Hello, i used to take klonopin, but for a very short time, because they made me forget things snd do things that i dont remember, stupid stuff like having a yard sale in the middle of the night, and cooking pickles in a pot with no water, ,i feel the stuff is dangerouse, and im not a whimp either, nor a light weight, if i were you i wouldnt take them, i used to talk to people and not remember comversations nor even what i was taking about to have them the next day tell me i was zoned, and i wasnt abusing the meds either only a couple a day, but then you forget how many you took and when you took the last one and you endup taking alot more than you think. If i were you and you have kids i would d*****atley get off them, you may forget ones in the tub with the water running and the other you let a man that you dont know take your child to the zoo (seriously) What sre the symptoms that you are taking it for, may i ask, maybe i have a solution thats better that will still make yiu happy, thanks kimber lee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2005, 03:30 AM   #3
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

I also take lithium and wellbutrin (type 1 bp) but the klonopin is for the anxiety. My anxiety is like totally out of control..... Is there anything thing else for nerves I know of Zanex but Im not allowed to have those Jessi*

Old 08-15-2005, 02:00 AM   #4
(female)

kimber lee HB User

well, canibus...

Old 08-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #5
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

I freak out when i smoke it. I used to all the time but I have a little boy now and he doesn't need to be around that until, well whenever he wants......

Old 08-17-2005, 11:54 AM   #6
(female)

kimber lee HB User

your a good girl, you care about your son, thats a plus in the bipolar world, thank you for answering me back anyway. kimber lee

Old 08-17-2005, 11:57 AM   #7
(female)

kimber lee HB User

i started going to the buddist temple, not that i dont believe in our god, its just a refreshing new light on things and i started taking yoga, yoiu may want to check that out, it does wonders for the mind set and feeling centered.

Old 08-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #8
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

I don't know about the buddist thing but yoga is great. i can't keep it up longer than a month.....I start getting lazy..... Not a good girl either..... ok well not a bad girl either.....ummmm ok depends on the way i feel.... Plus i've done way to many drugs and I thought i would quit so everyone else could have a turn...... So why a buddist temple????

Tlk.2.U.Lter *Jessi*

Old 09-03-2005, 07:52 PM   #9
(female)

dt060961 HB User

I take klonopin only when I need it for anxiety... usually when I wake up in an acute panic mode or when I just can't settle down cuz my hearts a pumping and I'm afraid something is going to happen

Old 09-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #10
(female)

chaser3968 HB User

i take 1mg of klonopin 3 times a day and it has saved my life. i was completely home bound due to panic attacks while driving or at the store or where ever i was or whatever i was doing. i also have 2 kids and a husband and i am much easier to live with on klonopin. my pdoc said not to worry about the addiction because if i need the drug then it doesnt really matter. it goes along with the lamictal, abilify, and lexapro. good luck to you.

chaser3968

Old 09-07-2005, 01:03 AM   #11
(female)

babygrl1337 HB User

I have 5 mg. I just wanted to ask you.....do you get to where you just want to lay around when they wear off.....is it hard for you to remeber things? I would take them everyday but i have slight memory loss when i don't take them.....I have been wanting to ask my doc about it cause i think its alot easier on my husband and child to.....atleast i feel like im not as B8Tc*y and i like it that way..... I just don't want the doc to think that i am addicted to them....... thanks for the help.... *Jessi*

Old 09-08-2005, 12:00 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Jennita HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygrl1337
I also take lithium and wellbutrin (type 1 bp) but the klonopin is for the anxiety. My anxiety is like totally out of control..... Is there anything thing else for nerves I know of Zanex but Im not allowed to have those Jessi*
There is a free online manual called The Ashton Manual and it has alot of information on benzos like Klonopin.

You know, Wellbutrin is a norepinphrine reuptake inhibitor, norepinephrine is basically adrenaline and adrenaline is an anxiety patients' worst enemy so I wonder why doctors insist on giving Wellbutrin to patients with anxiety.

Closed Thread