It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2005, 07:22 AM   #1
(female)

jusbreatheOM HB User
Post My fiance is BIpolar and TBI

I have been with my fiancee for over six years but lately he is confused, and he has started lying all the time. He gets mad even hostile at supporting his lie. Later on it could be the same day or later on in the week, he will tell me that he doesnt lie, that he is a very honest person, and he is offended by me reminding him of the lies he has told me and his family. For three days he yelled at me telling me to drop it, but he is the one, trying to bring up situation, where I have to say he is lying or say nothing at all. I do not know what to do. He tells me that they are not lies, they are just versions of the truth, and a half truth is not a lie. Will this grow or is he just cycling do to stress. He won't go to counseling at all. My kids and I left our apt, because his behavior was so erratic. He was acting like we weren't even there at times, and he would come and go, and not tell us anything. I need to know what happened. Could it be his meds. I was really scared for my children and scared for myself: he seemed not to know truth from reality. He knew we had to leave to take the kids to my X husband, but he refused to fix the car, just because he didn't want us to leave. He has done things before to keep me from leaving, and I end up being late for work, or appointment I needed to make. He scared me so much this last time, I literally did not know what to do, because there was no reasoning with him at all. One lie he told, I was so shocked I though he was joking, and he asked me to get on the phone, and legitimize his lie, and when I didnt I chased me into the kitchen, and I was down in floor, whether I fell I cannot remember, but he just kept pushing the phone into the side of my face until I confirmed his lie. He lied to me about his religious affilitaion, he lied to me about his intentions toward me, he lied to me about what happened between and His X, who he has a child by, he lied about wanting marrying me, he lied about the relationship he had with his family members, We went on vacation with his parents to Cape Cod, and it wa s nice resort, and everytime, I turned around he was peeing on shrubs and side of buildings saying, take that, dad, I didn't want to come here. But he yelled at me, for not wanting to go on the trip. WIth everyone else he acts like he has conflict aversion. And with me, he yells and even bullies me at times. He told me he tells lies or half truths, in hopes that they come true. what am I do to do. Thank you for reading my posts. I need help and ideas!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2005, 10:12 PM   #2
(female)

Christianla55 HB User
Re: My fiance is BIpolar and TBI

I read your email. I was married to a man who is bipolar for 11 years. It isn't going to get any easier. My advice to you is to run as far as you can. Get away from him. His behavior is going to tear you up and worse it will harm your kids. He is either not taking his meds or he needs to have them adjusted. I can already tell you from experience that if he does go to counseling with you that he will agree with everything the counselor says and then turn around and do just the opposite. I myself have just been diagnosed as being bipolar. I can also tell you that they lie well and often. My ex used to lie to me all the time. They can be helped but he has to do more than just say that he knows he is bipolar, but also be willing to totally except it and do something about it. You have to realize that he is being abusive and controlling and you have to take that power away from him. What he is doing is not love in any way shape or form. This is the best advice that I can give you.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:14 AM   #3
(female)

kimber lee HB User

hello i was married to a maniac like this, exactly like what you are saying about your husband, my husband was a cocaine addict.. get away from before he does something really bad, kimber lee

Old 08-17-2005, 04:32 AM   #4
(female)

*Mood Ring* HB User

Sorry about the headaches. My ex was the same exact way. I threw the engagement ring in his face told him to come back when he grew up. Life goes on.

Closed Thread