It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2005, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

kathryn00 HB User
Think I'm becoming manic

What to do? I have plenty of lithium and anti-psychotics. Should I just take more of them? Will it quelch it?

I was feeling bad this morning and then I felt ok. Clearer. Sharper. I just don't feel right. Does this sound like a manic episode? Can it happen gradually, or are you thrown into full-blown mania when it hits?

I will call my doctor in the am.

Last edited by kathryn00; 08-16-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Old 08-16-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User
Re: Think I'm becoming manic

Hi Kathryn

Hope you've spoken to your doctor and have some help - please don't take more of your drugs without speaking to somebody first, it can be really dangerous, particularly with something like lithium which can be really toxic.

Hopefully something positive has happened by now - I think manic episodes are different for everyone - mine can come on very suddenly and go again as quickly. I find long walks/runs help to keep me in check, but again, that's different for everybody.

Let us know how you are getting on

Picali xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
(female)

kathryn00 HB User

Ok, I woke up feeling better today. Am I out of the woods? Or could it take a couple of days?

I think I may have had anxiety because my doc said that I destablized since I went off of the anti-psychotic. But the feeling went beyond anxiety.

Thanks for listening.

Old 08-20-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
(female)

kathryn00 HB User

Okay, on the night of the day I wrote this, I had some hallucinations. Mainly when I closed my eyes, I could see visions that would warp into other visions. I took some Zyprexa.

Thursday, I was okay. Took Zyprexa.

Friday I felt good. So it made me question why I felt good. Mania or stabilization. I also bought 4 different lighters that I thought were pretty at the gas station. Impulse spending?

Saturday I would break into a smile every now and then. Again, I questioned why. Took Zyprexa.

Ok, so now I am thinking that I am a little too paranoid. I think I am reading a little too much into this and should just relax and enjoy feeling good.

After reading what I posted about lithium only, I think I have felt better and I have not worried so much about the mania. (Then again, it could be the anti-psychotic, which I will not continue taking.) I guess I am just worried that I went through the beginning stages and the worst is yet to come.

Thanks for letting me analyze. If you have input, great, if not, then thank you for listening. Okay, I'm done.

Last edited by kathryn00; 08-20-2005 at 08:35 PM.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #5
(male)

bipolarjon HB User

I'm new with bp and i am mostly down. Everywhere I read lithium is a mood stabilizer that takes days or weeks to work. I take 450mg of lithium in the am and 250mg of depakote and at night 450 lith 500 dep and 25 seroquel every single day. I had some bad dreams and days but I hope to get stable one day. Did you eat good, work out, sleep good, do drugs/alchol or get too much caffine???

Old 08-23-2005, 09:18 PM   #6
(female)

kathryn00 HB User

Yea! 5 days in a row, feeling good. I am no longer worried. When I went off my anti-psychotic I wasn't taking my lithium properly. (Would miss the daytime pill.) Now, I am taking all my pills like I should.

And, no, I don't eat good, I don't exercise, I don't sleep well, I don't do drugs/alcohol, but I do limit my caffeine. Looks like I need to make some changes. Maybe now I will be able to.

Thanks everyone for listening!

Closed Thread