It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

nopleazn HB User
Talking To many meds.

Hello everyone I hope you are all well, I had a doctors appt. today and he put me on more meds. I want to list the meds. I'm on and please give me some input on them and let me know anything you have heard about any of them. I'm just wondering if my doc. has me on to many meds.

Thanks Laurie

Old 08-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #2
(female)

batmatic HB User
Re: To many meds.

Where's the list?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2005, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

PugsMom05 HB User

Hello you was wondering if you could be on too many meds.I have had bipolar2 for almost 11yrs since I was diagnosed with it.I have learned that alot of meds is not always the best therapy.It all depends on the person and their response.I have been on just about every med that is known to help.If you have your list of meds I will freely give you my experience with them if I have tried them.I hope all is ok and you soon feel better.

Old 08-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #4
(female)

katkat01 HB User

hey....i know what thats like. these days doctors are prone to pushing meds or overprescribing to patients...after all thats what they get paid for, its marketing and they are basically selling a product. but....im on meds and im not against them. jsut be careful how many you are put on, im on two right now but i was on six at one point. its hard to see whats working, whats not, if you feel better you dont know which one is the right one, and if you have side effects, its like a guessing game, trying to figure out what the hells making you feel good, bad, giving you headaches, nausea, whatever. so my advice is to make sure you're an informed consumer, and that you are aware of what youre being prescribed. make a kind of journal if you can of what youre on and how you feel day to day if you can. just a few words or whatever you feel is important and then you can keep track of whats doing what. thats what i did. hope im helping!
kat

Old 08-20-2005, 11:00 PM   #5
(female)

nopleazn HB User

Sorry I have not gotten back with the list any earlier, but this is my med combo.
The AM list
Adderall 30mg
Zolft 100 mg
Wellbutin XL 150 mg
The PM list
Lamictal 50 mg (for now I'm in the 3rd week)
Topamax 25 mg
Lunesta 3 mg

What a cocktail!! Does anyone one else take this much?

Old 08-23-2005, 01:50 AM   #6
(male)

APersn HB User

That's a serious cocktail. Why did he put you on so many meds? How does that make you feel? I'm suprised he'd give two anti-depressants plus adderall as well as Lamictal and Topamax.

Also have you ever had any real conseling, anyone who you could talk to? Psychiatrists have never talked to me about my problems, they like to give meds. I had one who just goes through a list and kept frogetting things I'd tell him. They go through a symptomatic checklist and from there they give you some meds to try if one doesn't work you move onto some others. I'm not sure how that resolves a persons problems.

Closed Thread