It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

RagingRobin HB User
Eeeew...feels like my skin is crawling!

Hello everyone

I don't know if it's the lamictal or what, but for the last several days it feels like I have bugs crawling on me. Even as I type this, I'm being driven crazy and it feels like I wanna scratch my skin right off to make it stop. Uuuuugh, I can't stand it! Am I just losing it even more, or has anyone else had this happen???

Old 08-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #2
(female)

michele1975 HB User
Re: Eeeew...feels like my skin is crawling!

I'm not on that medication so I can't be much help. Did you read over the symptoms while taking the meds to see if that was a side effect? You might want to call your dr and see if it's normal. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

madmac HB User

I've had that with one med, forgot what it was, though, Another one made me twitch and jerk something awful for an hour. Another made me fuzzy and off balance, AND gave me the runs. I'd say, unless you sometimes feel/hear/see things that aren't there, it's probably a side effect.

Old 08-19-2005, 10:44 PM   #4
(female)

batmatic HB User

I just started Lamictal a week ago. It didn't occur to me that it could be causing my itching. So, yes, I itch too. Not as bad as you, it seems. Are you tired? I lack even
my subnormal level of motivation. I will tough out the waiting period to see if it works
(Lamictal) if I can but I'm not hopeful.

Old 08-20-2005, 09:39 AM   #5
(female)

katz46 HB User

I haven't experienced the itching, but since by doctor upped the dosage to 200 mg I feel very tired and fuzzy in my thinking....lack concentration and all of that. Are you experiencing that also?

Old 08-20-2005, 01:51 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

RagingRobin HB User

I'm actually feeling less tired than usual (used to be tired all the time) and I've always had trouble w/concentration cuz I just can't seem to slow my brain down long enough to really focus on one thing.

Think I'll take Michele's advice and check in w/my doc to see if the whole skin crawling thing is a side effect of the lamictal.

Thanks for all your input everyone.

Bye for now,

Robin

Old 08-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #7

prozack HB User

I didn't have any luck on lamictal and the side effects were horrible.
Everything seemed out of order,didn't feel clean right after a shower and other weird stuff.I also had horrible nightmares on it.
Weird med to say the least.
Mike

Old 08-20-2005, 08:04 PM   #8
(female)

batmatic HB User

Yes, I am. I can't read nor do I have the patience to try. Today a new symptom appeared: every time I bent my head down (like when you bend over to look at something on a table from a standing position) I felt as if I were going to fall over and
when I straightened up then I would get dizzy.
It seems I am more tired as I continue to take it(Lamictal): today if I were to leave my eye lids shut for even a second longer than it takes to blink I could fall sound asleep, even sitting up with a computer in my lap and a yowling cat near my ear.

Sucks doesn't it? When are we going to be able to take something that doesn't have a zillion side effects? Did I mention I'm feeling bitchy, too? Heh.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:32 PM   #9
(female)

ldeehardy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingRobin View Post
Hello everyone

I don't know if it's the lamictal or what, but for the last several days it feels like I have bugs crawling on me. Even as I type this, I'm being driven crazy and it feels like I wanna scratch my skin right off to make it stop. Uuuuugh, I can't stand it! Am I just losing it even more, or has anyone else had this happen???
I have been on Lamictal for 7 weeks now, and I just increased my dosage to 200 mg. This past week, I totally feel like I have something crawling on my skin. It is unbearable. I can't get any sleep, as it continually wakes me or prevents me from actually falling asleep. Are you still feeling like that, or has this symptom subsided? Please let me know.

Last edited by ldeehardy; 06-03-2007 at 12:33 PM.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #10
(female)

kwj001 HB User

Every time my Lamictal dosage increases, I have to take 1 Benadryl for the itching, crawling sort of thing. It doesn't last more than a day and the benedryl helps tremendously and then I'm fine. This is what my pdoc said to do - now having said that - if you're getting a rash - get to your doctor. I had no rash, just itching and thinking a bug had to be crawling up my arm. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Hmmmmm....funny, my daughter just had an increase of her Lamictal from 150mgs to 175mgs. Today on day 6 she said she felt as if bugs were crawling on her....she said it happened after seeing a flying bug and thinking it might be lice. She said it lasted only an hour or so. She is suppose to add another 25mgs starting tomorrow morning so I guess I will be on the lookout for any increase in this symptom. I will keep that benedryl idea in mind.

Thanks ~ Goody

Old 06-07-2007, 05:59 PM   #12
(female)

ldeehardy HB User

Thanks soooooo much for the info. I just read your post and took a Benadryl. So, we'll see what happens. I'll repost and let you know. I am also relieved that I am not alone. I was starting to think that I was going crazy (not that I am not already crazy) LOL

Closed Thread