It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2005, 03:48 AM   #1
(female)

jusbreatheOM HB User
Need help My hubby is bipolar and won't seek more help

I rethought my question.

Last edited by jusbreatheOM; 10-16-2005 at 11:07 PM. Reason: not relevant

Old 10-20-2005, 10:43 AM   #2

JSDell HB User
Re: Need help My hubby is bipolar and won't seek more help

If you need some ideas, I've been thru the same thing with my husband. There is light at the end of the tunnell, but it takes a lot of persistence from you! In other words -- don't give up if the going gets rough. It's really worth all the trouble it will take. There are things you can do to help him even thought he won't go and get help. They are things what won't hurt anyone, but would help a bipolar and to be honest...a lot of other people. 1st. is diet. Get rid of anything in his diet with caffeine or sugar. That will take time to wean him off them, but you can do it. Also, give him vitamins. 1000 IU of E and 200 mcg of selenium will really help. There are others that also help. If he's more depressed than DHEA will really help, but no more than 50 mg a day for a man. You can read about all these on the Internet. Do a search for them by going to the search engine, google. If he's upset or depressed, the E & selenium really does help and really try to get him to exercise. Even a walk in the park daily is very helpful for anyone and especially for bipolars. If he's hyper try to get him to take a shower..or at very least to hold his hands under running water..that will help calm him down. There are lots of other tricks that work to help someone. I know my husband was the same way in the beginning. Now it's 7 yrs later and he's really good about taking his meds and vitamins every day. By the way, keeping things around the home calm is very important and make sure you decorate your home in quiet colors with no patterns. The color blue is a good one to use. Most men like and it's calming. Patterns and loud colors will aggravate a bipolar. I hope all that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread