It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

JustDave4now HB User
Lithium loosing its grip

I have been doing so well on 900 mg of LIth a night, for months and months, then bamo, the last two weeks it went to pot. It started out slow, now I find my moods all over the place.

I keep going manic and bouncing over to sad and then back again. The lith worked so good, I wonder why suddenly its failing... I think I need to go up, but I don't see the doc for another two months. Each day is worse and worse like its grip is falling away.

I am hoping I can control my moods mentally until I see the Doc...

The winds a howling...and I am trying to hang on, I wonder why the meds are stopping... I can't sleep, then I can't get out of bed...I am a rapid cycler, but it was never this bad.

Odd...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Lithium loosing its grip

hang on there. help is on the way. Have you called the dr? This would be one of those times to give him or her a call and fast.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

twoeyez HB Usertwoeyez HB User

David 4

As Modhound says.it is extreamly urgent that you call and speak directly to your Dr. He/She may have you check your serium Lithium level. From there a change in dosage may be needed.

Is there any enviornmental factors of stress that may be "trigging" this change in you mood swings? Being honest with yourself is needed to determine the causes of your swings.

As you know,biochemical changes and "triggers" are the main causes of Bipolar Disorder disruption.

Be steady,be true. And good luck

Eyes

Old 01-22-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

JustDave4now HB User

I thought about it, but its the weekend, I figured I could give them a shout maybe tomorrow in office. I know for sure I can get him on Wednesday, I am honestly considering calling.

I went down to the hospital and brought the lith level slip had gave me a bit ago, I needed to get that done anyway. I got that done at least. (actually my wife pushed me in that direction, I think she is worried)

Though I have to admit, I feel darn good. Best I have felt in many a moon, I forgot how this felt, skins all tingly. The only down side I got right now is I keep seeing people out of the corner of my eye, kind of wierd.(thats new) I think back and don't see any emotional triggers the last two weeks, shy of I started working out with the weights heavy duty again. I can't imagine that had anything to do with it.

I feel pretty sure I might be able to keep it in control. Though I am cautious of that deduction, being deep in a manic. I have my wife to keep my feet on the floor.

I am tempted to increase my lith to 1200 to help until I talk with him, But I fear I might not have the best judgement right now.

If anything its a pleasant trip at least...

Old 01-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

JustDave4now HB User

Talked to Doc today, upped it up. He wants me to get back to him if it doesn't work. Hopefully things will settle down.

Closed Thread