It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #1
(male)

Zac1989 HB User
Exclamation Hello To All

Hi, My name is Zac, i am 16 years old, and i have schizo-effective disorder. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a combination of Bi-Polar and Schizofrenia. I am on Seroquel and Klonopin for my disorder and they work pretty well(when i'm on them, lol). I also have panic attacks, anxiety attacks, severe depression, and very high stress. I just want to talk to someone who knows about my disorder/s, because i am still kinda sorta boggled about what i have. So if anyone knows please post because i need help and friends. Thank You, Zac[/FONT]

Old 01-23-2006, 06:23 AM   #2
(female)

LOWnly~Me! HB User
Re: Hello To All

Hello Zac,
Welcome to the boards, I am new here and I can tell you that from what I have experienced everyone here is kind, considerate, helpful and can fully relate, if not offer very good advice. As you will appreciate its great to feel that you are not alone, as that can enhance the low feelings. I am sorry to hear you feel a bit confused about it all, I suppose we all feel that way, I can certainly relate to some of the experiences you have. Panic attacks for a start, arent they just awful, every part of you is consumed with sheer fear, and the woest part is mostly you dont know where its from (or in my case). Do your meds help you at all with that? Do you take your meds all the time? Also the severe depression, that big black hole that seems to get darker everytime you enter into it, it seemd never ending and sometimes you wonder if you will ever get out, but you do and you put the experience under your belt, and hopefully use it to your advantage when/if it happens again. Do you have a good doctor? Or are you part of any groups? Are your parents supportive of you? I hope you dont think im nosey, its just the more we know the more we can help one another. I have BP and OCD, I also suffer from panic attacks so can really feel for you in all that you are going through. Being as young as you are must make it a little harder as you are only really finding out for yourself who you are, so to have all these extra feelings, that are in the main bad, must be terrible for you. There is light and there is hope, just because you you what you are does not in anyway prevent you from excelling in life, and grabbing what happiness you can. As I see it these things that are imbalancing my brain, are just a part of my life, admittidly yes at times they can be more prevalant than I would like but there are times when I do feel "normal" whatever that may be!!!! I do hope that I ahve been of some help. My thoughts are with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
(female)

HelpMeHoldOn HB User

Hello Zac!!

Welcome and I am glad you found healthboards!!!

This place is awesome- so many caring and knowledgable people on here! You will see as time goes by that you are SO NOT ALONE!!! Many people are going through the same or similar things as you are!

You must be proud of yourself! You are on meds, you are reaching out on here to talk and share with other people! I must say- that is great !!! ESPECIALLY at 16 years old!!!!!

I hope you come here often and let us know how you are!!!

How are those 2 meds working for you? How long have you been on them?
Do you have a support system? (friends, parents, etc.?)

You will be in my thoughts!!!
Hailey

Old 01-23-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

barbaric_yawp HB User

I can't think of anything to add, Low and Help did a good job asking the right questions. So, I guess I will just welcome you to the board and encourage you to keep us posted.

You know, there is a board member--Gatsby1920--that is great about giving really informational help on this. Gatsby, where are you???

Last edited by barbaric_yawp; 01-23-2006 at 09:19 PM.

Closed Thread