It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2006, 04:03 AM   #1
(male)

DMIXEDUP HB User
My 2nd thread

I just wanted to add some things that I forgot about from my previous post. My job is 3rd shift, been with the same company for about 12 years, and that is my only income. I would love to make more $$$$ adding a 2nd job to go along with my current one. I've done that route before, but not excited about jumping in that hellbound situation again. This is my 2nd psychiatrist that I have seen, I had left my first one a few years back because they wouldn't cover my insurance anymore. I dont have many friends, but my friend Walter,(grew up together and went to same grade school as well), was the first one who talked me into therapy. I distinctly remember one session that I was asked to come into the office after Walter had been in there for a bit. He had a tissue, and I could tell he had shed some tears. From what his psychiatrist had discussed with me was that Walter had seen some attributes and familiarity that seemed like I was bipolar too. Yes my friend Walter has the bipolar disorder, one of his older brothers as well deals with it too. Is it just some strange coincidence that in this small world, my friend Walter seen alot of himself in me that led him to thinking I was bp as well? I suppose only God knows. I was often angry and bitter in everyday life, and I guess Walter is an so to speak, to have witnessed first hand after hanging out with me, whether driving, playing video games, or just talking to one another that he wanted to help me out, and therapy along with medication was the pathway to take.

I was put on depakote at first then later tried a few antidepressants as well. The psych characterized me as having a mild depression. Its been a long time but thats about all I remember from those days. I moved from where I grew up about 8 years ago, WOW it doesnt seem that long. Time certainly does fly, ya know. Anyways, I decided to get some help several years back to step up and get some help. I have seen my current psych and therapist for the past couple of years. I've tried different meds, whether mood stabilizers, antidepressants, anticonvulsants, antipsychotics, etc. The trileptal and lexapro Im on now is helping but the awful dizziness that I experience often sucks.

I live my my woman, her dad, and her teenage daughter. I love them very much, and I know that Im not the friendliest or heartwarming gents to be around plenty of times Im 31 but I feel like Im still a kid at heart. I just never want to grow up in some aspects. My woman gets tired of raising 2 kids she says. I really feel down when she says that, because it's been an up/down relationship and she's clearly my better half. I've just got so much in my head, and my name that I chose DMIXEDUP is quite fitting, as Im sure some ladies & gents can relate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2006, 11:38 AM   #2
(male)

Toby706 HB UserToby706 HB User
Re: My 2nd thread

D-

Hello.

You should be careful about going for another job with BP. I took 2 fulltime jobs and a part time job at a home care agency before my my first psychotic break. The long hours seemed to provoke the mania, according to my first psychiatrist-but what did she know? She put me on Zyprexa-made me gain 80 lbs.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:03 AM   #3
(male)

DMIXEDUP HB User
Re: My 2nd thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby706
D-

Hello.

You should be careful about going for another job with BP. I took 2 fulltime jobs and a part time job at a home care agency before my my first psychotic break. The long hours seemed to provoke the mania, according to my first psychiatrist-but what did she know? She put me on Zyprexa-made me gain 80 lbs.

Toby, I can relate somwewhat because I was working 2 full time jobs before and the mania got to me. It seemed like my paranoia just boosted. My therapist couldnt get through her thick head as to why I needed to work 2 jobs. Not all of us have that luxury of sitting there listening to one's problems with that piece of paper on the wall. She doesn't know what my life's all about. Iv'e gained some weight due to the lexapro I've been taking. Nice to meet ya by the way.

Closed Thread