It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question bi-polar,borderline personality disorder,A.D.D. and socio pathic tendencies....

Question.....it seems like a lot of people that are not diagnosed with the sociopathic personality traits, tend to be mostly Borderline, or part A.D.D, or (even dyslexic) and or bi-polar....what is the main "ingredient" in these disorders? Is it the facts that people like this have just one huge chemical imbalance? And ,since it is chronic, and from the start, where are these genes coming from, anyone know out there?
Just curious is all, oh and add another.....anti-social!

nightowl2

I have A.D.D, and some anxiety/depression, but, of the other stuff I mentioned above!

Old 02-04-2006, 03:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: bi-polar,borderline personality disorder,A.D.D. and socio pathic tendencies....

My wife is the anti social type.

Mudhound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2006, 11:45 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User
Re: bi-polar,borderline personality disorder,A.D.D. and socio pathic tendencies....

I don't know the answer to the question, I'm afraid! I believe that we all have genetic pre-dispositions to certain kinds of things that give rise to all of the symptoms we experience. I think the system of 'diagnosing' causes confusion - often people with similar symptoms are given different a diagnosis - diagnosing is often quite subjective (I was diagnosed with three different things in three days - just different doctors opinions, the symptoms were exactly the same).

I gave up with the conventional approach and switched to treating the symptoms individually and trying to figure out the cause of each of my symptoms - it seems to have helped so far.

Sorry to have nothing concrete - would be interesting to see what other people think.

Closed Thread