It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #1

billiegail HB User
Question Headaches. Which med is causing them?

I started getting headaches after I was changed from Effexor 60 or 75 to 150mg and my Geodon went from 60 to something like 120 or 180mg. I don't have them in front of me, so I am guestimating to dose. I have these horrible headaches that are unlike that of a migrane or sinus headache and I can only guess that the meds are the culprit.
Please let me know if any of you suffered from headaches on these meds. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bpd_bipolar HB User
Re: Headaches. Which med is causing them?

I am currently on Geodon, and don't have headaches, but I do take a lower dose than you, I take 40mg per day. Now as for the Effexor, well I had trouble with that medication from the begining, so you should really go to your doctor and tell him or her what you are experiencing. Make sure you are very detailed about it and also, try to write it down so you are more descriptive, that will help them.

Go to the docs immeadiately though, there are side effects that could be dangerous to your health and a headache that bad is a sign.

Let me know how you do hun...........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
(male)

bipolarjon HB User

Before starting EFFEXOR XR, tell your doctor about any medicines you're taking, including over-the-counter drugs and herbal supplements. Until you see how EFFEXOR XR affects you, be careful doing such activities as driving a car or operating machinery. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking EFFEXOR XR. In clinical studies, the most common side effects with EFFEXOR XR (reported in at least 10% of patients and at least twice as often as with placebo) were constipation, dizziness, dry mouth, insomnia, loss of appetite, nausea, nervousness, sexual side effects, sleepiness, sweating, and weakness. Ask your doctor if EFFEXOR XR is right for you.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
(male)

bipolarjon HB User

I did not see headache on the two meds, but i did see " drugs like geodone can raise blood sugar and can cause bad side effects. I did not like the way geodone made me feel at 80 mgs or 40mgs I am on lithium 450 and wellbutrin 150 in the am and lithium 450 and seroquil 200 at night for 6 months now.

http://www.geodon.com/b_home.asp

Old 02-15-2006, 08:17 PM   #5

billiegail HB User

I called my doctor and explained everything to him and he had me cut my Geodon in half, not the effexor. I will see how it goes for the next few days and if I still have the headaches, I'll call him back. Thanks for all of your help. I'll keep you all posted.

Closed Thread