It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bipolar Disorder Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

fiftylager HB User
Hi everyone, tentative diagnosis

Well, I haven't been diagnosed by pdoc but my gp thinks I have bipolar and she is sending me to pdoc. She said hopefully within the month (huge dr. shortage in northern ontario). A part of me really believes I'm bipolar but when I'm feeling fairly good I tend to doubt it. It doesn't feel like I experience hypomania or mania. When I was a teenager I could say yeah, I did some pretty wild things but now I'm just either depressed, highly anxious, or very mad and then sometimes good. I had a really bad time this month starting with a highly anxious state (I thought I was going nuts, it's happened a few times before) then I swung to a weird state. I mixed between feeling literally high (like on drugs), to very deeply depressed, to very angry (screaming) all in a day. This went on for about a week. I'm still in kind of an odd state. I'm tired but not sleeping well. Not true insomnia but vivid dreams and lot's of waking. I'm depressed then okay, but not deeply depressed, just blah, and I feel restless at times. The weird thing is noooo anxiety. I haven't gone a day without anxiety in about 6 months or more but for the past 4 days, none. I'm definitely not complaining but it is so weird. I just feel really off. My whole schedule feels off. I don't know, have any of you experienced this. I just feel, unsettled. Like my whole mind has done a flip flop. What do you all think? Thank you
Crissi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2006, 03:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mudhound HB User
Re: Hi everyone, tentative diagnosis

Glad to have you on board. Well, i made a funny. LOL
the number of dr's in that area would be fewer. That is so disapting.

Mudhound

Old 02-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Picali HB User

Hiya,

I can remember doubting the seriousness of my problems when I felt well - the highs were just a bit of a laugh and the depressions were just a bit blue. During episodes was a different story, however - I think sometimes we can't quite believe we have a problem when we have these periods of normality in between.

Whatever the outcome, your doc will probably be able to prescribe something that will help, whether it's one drug or a combination. Do as much research as you can before your appointment - try and write down the things you feel are important. There's a good sticky on the board about a list of symptoms - print that off, tick the ones you feel apply and take it with you. The more info you can give the doc, the easier it will be for them to help you.

Good luck, let us know how you're doing.x

Old 02-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #4

billiegail HB User

I rarely have mania as in being real hyper, but I get frustrated and aggitated and have sever mood swings to the point no one can be around me. You don't have to go mania to be in mania, if that make sense. You can be annoyed at everything and be ****** off and that be your mania.

Closed Thread